1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

The Grizzly from my Avatar

Discussion in 'Lifesize Mammals' started by Wayne R, Jun 6, 2010.

1. Wayne R

Wayne R NRA and B&C Life Member

Finished this up last year around October, and held off on any photos until I had a chance to bring it to a show. I did about as well as I expected it would do, and learned a few more things from Ken Walker, after he judged the piece at out recent show. Here is the grizzly in my avatar that I took while in Alaska in 2008.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Very cool mount Wayne and congratulations on a great trophy.

3. Wayne R

Ron thank you. A few of my friends from here, have seen this next photo from my facebook account, so I wasn't going to post it here, but here it is for those that haven't seen it.

[​IMG]

4. As aways Wayne Great Job!!! It was also great seeing you this past weekend..

5. Fred Barilla

Fred Barilla Member

This was a beautiful piece and the photos do not do it justice. Amazing detail on this mount that is better appreciated in person. Great Job Wayne!!!

Fred Barilla

6. Wayne R

Thank you Steve, and Fred, and thank you both, for your dedication to our association over the years.

7. Bill Yox

Bill Yox Well-Known Member

Way to go Wayne!

8. Wayne R

Thanks Bill, that means a lot, wish you were at the show to see it.

9. Bill Yox

Bill Yox Well-Known Member

Me too Wayne.

10. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

Way to go Wayne!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. Wayne R

I want to see a photo of your Alaskan bear when you are done with it Mike, and thanks.

12. Nice job Wayne...i do have one question though...I thought Grizzlies and Kodiaks were notorious for having a little bit of a lip curl at the bottom when they roared?

kind of the "pouty" look...how would someone "translate" that to a mount?

13. Wayne R

A lot of the forms have it built in, or sculpture it in on the chin with epoxy, before mounting. A lot of my reference photos I have show that bottom lip up tight against the teeth, while growling. I decided to let it stick out a bit. I found out through Ken, that I made it too thick in that area.