1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

The Week in Fish Pictures" ~Year 4~ Week # 31-33 !!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by Rick Krane, Jun 15, 2010.

1. Rick Krane

Rick Krane Fish Taxidermist/ Judge/ Sculptor/ Instructor

The Week in Fish Pictures" ~Year 4~ Week # 31-33 !!!!!!!!

A very warm hello from the road as Kathie, Amber and I head off to Orillia, Canada in the Providence of Ontario and to the Canadian Taxidermist Association annual convention!! Once again I have the opportunity to visit the great taxidermist of Canada this year! I’m reminded as I take our Daughter to this show how important it is to spend time with family as to expose the world of taxidermy and art to young people! They are our future in the industry and will be the innovators of tomorrow! Make any taxidermy convention a family event and you’ll reap the benefits of life!
    God Bless you!!!! Thank you!!!!!

Truly increasable displays of so many increasable fish in the past 2 weeks!!! ! I really do personally enjoy seeing the progression and the raw talent of the dedicated contributors! Friendliness and positive comments of motivation is a great place to start in upward direction of inspiration! I wish all the best to folks competing in the up coming months and I do wish all the very best in the pursuits of good fish work!

I do hope you have the opportunity to be thankful for your gifts of great passion and talent as an artist! It is a blessing to me for our lives to be joined from time to time to share and learn from one another so thank you for your great taxidermy work!!!!

I want to personally say thank you for letting me join you again every week in your successes and accomplishments! I have seen first hand the great strides so many have made with beautiful fish work! Good for you and congratulations on your hard work!!!!

Let's start of the week recognizing those who shared their wonderful work with all of us! Take tome and acknowledge the folks who share so willingly their talents!!! Thanks for all the beautiful fish work in this past weeks this week in fish pictures! Absolutely breathtaking!!!!!

I want to thank all of the great contributors who really show not only great talent and work but rather give such inspiration to all of us!

A great week Fishheads!!!!!
    From beginner's to the best in the world we all join in every week in a critique free and hassle free string with nothing more then great artist and inspiring fish taxidermist and carves get together to share with one another their praise and inspiration of good will and friendship to one another. No egos just friendly folks who appreciate the efforts of others!

This week I have the distinct pleasure and honor to share the work of good friend Mr. Jeff Lumsden! If you are a fish head then this is a name that fills your mind and directs your passion to the highest levels of inspiration! As a world champion fish taxidermist Jeff’s life long pursuits carry him far from the days of competition now Jeff make the true impact with his talents by sharing with us innovation with products that benefit all of our fish endeavors! Still life eyes, Liquid scale are amoung Jeff’s recent gifts to the industry along with superbly carve bodies you can be assured that if you play in this sand box long enough you will find your self as I have over the years saying thank you Jeff!

I hope you enjoy the work of Mr. Jeff Lumsden!

So here goes!

I hope you enjoy the week! See you in 2 weeks!

So with out further ado let's get week # 31-32 under way.

So here we go and here is to a great week in fish pictures!!!! # 31-32 Enjoy!

My Best!

You're Friend
    Rick Krane

Jeff’s Very Silver Chinook!!

[​IMG]

A head shot of the beauty!!!

[​IMG]

A greatly detailed Tail Shot!!!

[​IMG]

Rick Krane
    Anglers Artistry
    312 Chesterfield Road
    Hinsdale New Hampshire 03451
    Office; 603-336-7296
    [email protected]
    www.anglersartistry.com

2. PercaFluviatilis

PercaFluviatilis ...I hunt , therefore I am...

Beautiful salmon!!!

This is not good place to show my mount. After Jeff´s salmon it looks like crap. But here it comes.

Arctic char

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Rami

3. bnoody

bnoody Member

Beautiful King Jeff! Now that I started using still life lenses, I don't think I will ever buy a prepainted eye again.

Perca, love the char. I have three in my Freezer like that from Iceland that I'm looking forward too.

Here is a bass mount that I have wanted to do for a long time. I cast the Lilly pads from a local pond I like to fish and got the granite from a local grantie fabricator. Got the wet saw out and wet grinder and I was able to shape it into the piece I needed. The bass is a skin mount with still life lenses.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. B Jones

B Jones Memeber of - NTA,UTA,AIT.Proud Member of NZTA.

I am in awe of your work Jeff, Brian that LMB piece is outstanding, great work all.

5. Wow Jeff, That chinook salmon is amazingly. Very well done !!!

6. 7-Point

7-Point Active Member

Brian your bass is amazing

7. dougp

dougp Active Member

Great work guys.......!! Super start to the thread, eh? ;D

Here's a 53" Mn. musky skin mount.......

Attached Files:

8. brian that bass is truly one of the coolest mounts i have seen. ;) keep it up

9. AnglingArtisan

AnglingArtisan Well-Known Member

Beautiful work everyone.
    Another Pig Brown for me...
    MBNT-18 (28"X21"X 15.5 LBS.)
    [​IMG]

10. Taxi-lover

Taxi-lover Active Member

AA....you are the greatest!! Fine,stunning brownie!!

11. hambone

hambone Active Member

Man, you boys pulled out all the stops this week, this looks like the super bowl great job everyone.

12. Jimmy Lawrence

Jimmy Lawrence Well-Known Member

LOL. Jeff, thats what my king was SUPPOSED to look like!!! GREAT FREAKING JOB MAN!!!

Great bass mount. I was thinkin something similar for a competition piece but havent put it together yet. My fish is closed mouth though. Good job everyone.

Rich, nothing short of your usual.

Well done!!

13. Incredible work you guys. Doug that Musky is sweet. I got one in a few days ago the same size and I hope it turns out half as nice as yours, beautiful work man. THis will be my second biggest fish except for saltwater.

14. Here's what I entered in our Colorado show the other weekend. Greenback cutt.

Jeff, that salmon is remarkable...nice and fleshy looking. BTW, I thought you didn't do silver kings? ;)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. 7-Point

7-Point Active Member

nice fish Kevin

16. AnglingArtisan

AnglingArtisan Well-Known Member

Yeah that Cutthroat is delicious :eek:

17. Pescado

Pescado Biggest in 2011

And ?

18. Jeff Lumsden

Jeff Lumsden Well-Known Member

Kevin~ You have really jumped into the drivers seat with your fish as of late, beautiful Cutthroat!

Brian~ Your Large mouth display is extremely well done. I love it, and the leopard frog is OMG, but your background cloth is competing with the beauty of the piece.

well done everyone!

19. Thanks. Paul, I got the Woody. Supposedly it was second best of show after Mike Ross' rainbow. I'll beat him next year. My mouth interior hit me. I haven't had to worry about that until now. I gotta say it's been a blast competing against him for the last few years. It's fun trying to play with the big boys. Motivation and inspiration...

BTW, I have 4 big bull elk in velvet feeding in my yard right now. I'm surrounded! :eek:

20. bnoody

bnoody Member

Thanks for the kind words guys.

Jeff I agree on the background, I have a black sheet I need to put up and shoot some new pictures and a few close ups.