1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

The Week in Fish Pictures" ~Year 4~ Week # 31-33 !!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by Rick Krane, Jun 15, 2010.

1. Not sure that I even want to post here after all the fish that have already been posted. WOW! Outstanding fish work to say the least. Here is one of my latest customer mounts a 16 1/2 inch crappie.
    Great work everybody.
    Curtis

Attached Files:

2. Timjo

Timjo Active Member

USA
    Superb Salmon Jeff. Excellent work EVERYONE.

Here's a walleye I caught and mounted in the early eighties. I just took the picture and it's in the original condition (stored in glass cabinet).

27-inch Walleye Skin Mount Smoking a Salamander (Freeze dried salamander)
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. bnoody

bnoody Member

That Walleye looks excellent, I love the focused look in his eye toward his catch

Here are some quick shots with a darker background

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. hahahahaha that walleye is sweeet! ;D thats really cool. how did you do the salamander ???

5. Manny

Manny New Member

Really nice work all !

6. Jimmy Lawrence

Jimmy Lawrence Well-Known Member

Timjo, you are a bad a ss .

Kevin, you already know how much I like your trout buddy!!

7. Sarmite

Sarmite Active Member

LV
    Timjo, Your works are really wonderful! This walleye looks like alive and in the real action! :eek:

8. FishWorks

FishWorks New Member

52 lb. Chesapeake Bay Striped Bass

Attached Files:

9. Taxi-lover

Taxi-lover Active Member

Here's one from me for a long time... Zander,skin mount,cast head. Weight 8,2kg's.... ;)

Attached Files:

10. PercaFluviatilis

PercaFluviatilis ...I hunt , therefore I am...

Good looking zander JP! I like it´s colorisation a lot. That mount should have been in Riihimäki last weekend... And that shark too...

11. nice zander
    ;D

12. 7-Point

7-Point Active Member

Timjo, that walleye is very nice. I like how his eye is looking right at the salamander, thats just how it would be in real life. Did you ever do a bad mount? haha
    and FishWorks. That is a very nice striper. 52lbs. Jeez thats nice for the Chesapeake.

13. Gee you guys you're making it so I don't want to even post a fish on here. Timjo.......... nevermind you know. Curtis I think you did a great job on the Crappie and you should be very proud to post it here. Also love the Greenback. Hope to post something soon but life other than taxidermy has been consuming me.

14. FishWorks

FishWorks New Member

7-point. this year was a banner year for big spawners. The winter run off from up north kept the big fish in tight areas, and the salinity drop pushed non tolorant baitfish south. if you found the bait, you found the big fish. I took in over 25 Bass over 35lbs. this year. Glad all those big bass molds I made in the 70's are now getting good use.

15. KevinH

KevinH Active Member

I guess Ill throw mine in, these fish were both in the freezer for 6 years. They turned out ok, I do need to take better pics, I cant seem to get good pics of fish.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. 7-Point

7-Point Active Member

Thats cool. We went striper fishing only twice this year. First time trolling with no luck, second time casting and retrieving lures with ok luck. Wish we could've found one of those 35+ pounders. Nice work.

17. hodx

hodx Herman Darr

something i did for my buddys little girl...she loves fishing

Attached Files:

18. 7-Point

7-Point Active Member

nice mount hodx. that should really get her into fishing

19. kevin, those fish are pretty good for being in the freezer for 6 years!

20. jbaker

jbaker New Member

Here is a pic of a mount I finished a couple months ago, just getting around to posting. A repro of an unlucky tinfoil barb from the fish tank in the shop.

[​IMG]