1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Where are they now? ..... Kelly Seibels

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by mntduks-tx, Feb 27, 2007.

1. mntduks-tx

mntduks-tx New Member

I was thinking the other day how things in this business have changed in the past 18 years. How information was hard to get, how red rosin paper forms didn't look like anything and it took clay and an imagination to make it work, and I got to thinking who were the folks in the limelight at the time.

Kelly came to mind as he had a shop in Alabama thought. he was a heck of a bird taxidermist.

where is he now?

2. Ken Edwards

Ken Edwards Taxidermy.Net Administrator Staff Member

http://www.seibelscatalog.com/content.asp?id=63567

3. Kelly Seibels

Kelly Seibels New Member

Thank you whoever you are. I was in Katy Tx for awhile then the shop in Huntsville, Al. Started a sporting art catalog that morphed into rustic home furnishings and eventually a retail store, Seibels in Homewood, Al. In 1
    Mounted the last of 5500.+ birds in ‘95.
    We furnish lake homes, hunting lodges etc and have a new website seibelscotage.com.

I miss the birds and comraderie at the shows. It’s a great industry that I’m grateful for my little time, 15 years in.

My heart will always be in the outdoors and I wish blessings to all the great artists in the field.

Skywalker and MixedupMel like this.
  4. Kelly Seibels

Kelly Seibels New Member

Typo seibelscottage.com

5. Richard C

Richard C Well-Known Member

Kelly
    Great to read about you. I have always wondered what you were doing and where. Have asked older guys that were around at your time in taxidermy. Nobody knew.
    You were a fantastic bird taxidermist ! I remember a seminar of yours , you made it look so easy.
    Good luck in your new life.
    Richard