1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

best whitetail deer form ?

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by hunt4blue, Jun 15, 2010.

1. hunt4blue

hunt4blue New Member

who makes the best whitetail deer form, which ones do you like? I like Ben Mears does anyone like them?
    Thanks let me know the ones you like

2. Revolution or Matuska for the deer in my area...they seem to just fall into place.

3. mjsandt

mjsandt New Member

Matt Thompson

4. Nina Lukaszewicz

Nina Lukaszewicz Outdoor Dreams Taxidermy

no best form for all deer, it's just what your preference is and it depends on the area you live in.

For the deer here in PA, Mears and Matt Thompson forms work well. have not had the chance to try Revolution or Matuska but I hear great things about them.

5. Kittrell Hill

Kittrell Hill 9 Beard Merriam 2008 Meade Co SD

Gene Smith!!!! I have mounted on alot of different forms and Gene's forms just fit better for me and my customers love them ;)

6. deerhunt1985

deerhunt1985 Only dead fish go with the flow

new fav. fosters.

great service as well

7. after the shot

after the shot N.E.A.T. Board Member

I love Revolution & Matt Thompson forms as well. Meder forms were my favorite until I tried a Matt Thompson.

8. coonhollow

coonhollow Active Member

one of my favorite too! used them years ago and plan on using more of them.

9. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

How many times has this question been asked here? LOL

10. Joe Winsor

Joe Winsor Active Member

First time........today ;D

11. i have been venturing out and trying new forms lately and i think joe coombs has the best looking form on the market. but everyone has a fav, just try a few out and see whitch one suites you best.

12. Twisted.

Twisted. Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

every person on here will have a different answer. And as far as the whole "it depends on where you live" theory......i call BS.
    Ive mounted deer from texas on Rick Carters forms and deer from up north. Ive also mounted southern and northern deer on Matt Thompsons AND Revolutions. They all look nice. Those are the main three i use.

13. Ryan you can shove a size 7 foot in a size 10 sock but that dont make it right.

For the local deer in the Ozarks Ozarkwoods has a form series that really looks like these deer.mature buck that seldom weighs more than 130-150 lbs.

For Kansas deer.McKenzies has some nice forms of their own and Medar forms are very good.

There is no best form for all deer,pick one or pick several, hell Ryan even you have a preference.

Problem with many forms is the guy down the road uses the same one. so now what sets your deer mounts aside from the run of the mill.

Just depends on what you want to do and if you want the deer to look all alike or have some individual appearance .

You can put any deer on any from that is any 7 eye to nose with a 22' atlas circ on the neck will fit the same form.

14. Twisted.

So if i showed you a picture of a deer would you be able to tell if it was a northern or southern deer? could you tell if it was a northen deer mounted on one of Rick carters forms? Or a southern deer mounted on a northern deer form? I dont think so, but i could be wrong. Im not trying to be a prick John im just curious, maybe i just dont have enough experience to tell a difference.

15. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

they dont make a size 7 sock.

16. Ted B

Ted B Active Member

Just keep digging a hole for yourself Ryan, there is a difference between your Georgia deer and my Saskatchewan deer!

P.S Matt Thompson forms are over sculpted junk IMO and no better that D.C forms.

17. Twisted.

so if i showed you a picture of a deer mounted on a southern form you could tell me if it indeed was a deer from up north or down south?

18. Twisted.

LMAO!

19. Ted B

Ted B Active Member

Obviously you have NEVER had your hands on a TRUE northern deer!

20. oldfool

oldfool New Member

MS
    i like coomb's forms ;D