1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Driftwood

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by Jeff., Jun 16, 2010.

1. Jeff.

Jeff. New Member

Hey everyone, I'm posting this for the guy that does my bird taxidermy (I'm a skull guy, so please let me be, haha). My bird taxidermist is an old man that doesn't own a stove and does his birds the old school way; newspaper, twine, and metal rod. He owns a farm full of live reference from ducks to geese. The only problem is he doesn't use the internet for sourcing products like his driftwood and asked me for a favor.

I brought him some birds last night to mount up and brought along some of Todd Huffman's work to show the poses I'd like. Well, the driftwood really caught his eye. My guy finds all of his own driftwood, and he would like more of the lighter, nicer driftwood pieces like what is all over Todd's site.

Anyway, long story shorter, can anyone please direct me (him) in the right direction for quality driftwood. I've searched online a bit and don't find really what I'm looking for. A piece here and there, but not a reliable source.

Thanks for your time and listening to my much too detailed story. Also, I apologize if this should go in the habitat section, but I figured the driftwood was more geared toward you guys here. Thanks!

2. AOTaxi

AOTaxi She's a keeper!

Mark (Droptine) had some nice stuff that he brought to the RDA seminar in IL, get ahold of him I think his supplier had a bunch, .. .all tumbled and cleaned ...nice stuff

3. duxrus

duxrus Active Member

You can also hit the catalogs for it. McKenzies sells it in three or four sizes...

4. 320 203 9370 ask for jerry

5. Jeff.

Jeff. New Member

Thanks everyone.
    I'll pass the phone number on as well. Much appreciated.

6. wingman

wingman Active Member

Robert Martinez out of Texas sells Very nice stuff at the best price, He boxes it up and mails it Ups or other carriers no problem. His number is
    979-776-4837 GREAT guy to do business with!

7. duxrus

duxrus Active Member

I will 2x on Robert in TX....if I need a box of specific sizes or shapes he will send exactly what you ask for.

8. we do that too.

9. duxrus

duxrus Active Member

Please PM me prices for pieces that would work for standing duck wall mounts....Thanks