1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Live Study

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by gobbler71, Jun 21, 2010.

1. gobbler71

gobbler71 Member

Just Finished Eastern Show and judge suggested I do a live study of pen raised Whitetails just wondering if anyone around Md. or PA. has any that they would be willing to put in front of me?

2. scpol

scpol Wholesale Bird Taxidermy....Fan of Mike & Harry

Call Yox.... ;)

3. kbauman

kbauman Active Member

OK
    That's excellent advice. I think Tim Jordan has some live deer also. Don't forget reference cast, photos of live deer, and taking the time to make notes about the carcass as you skin deer.

4. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

Standing in a pen with a camera, you and a deer, will only get you pictures. Put Yox in the pen with you, and he will show you details that no camera can catch.

5. gobbler71

gobbler71 Member

Thanks Kenny, you were my judge, heck I never even thought of Tim! Wait til he feels better and call him. Thanks again for your critique. Have they talked about having you back year yet?

6. kbauman

kbauman Active Member

OK
    I am game. I loved the show and all the people. Anytime my friend. Good luck on the whitetail studies.

7. Bill Yox

Bill Yox Well-Known Member

Thanks guys. Like they said, being able to read the reference, live or otherwise, is the key. When I have a serious student here for live deer study, I go over everything with them. Comparative anatomy, design, you name it, all the way through how to duplicate it on a mount. Its all in the details, but also in education as to what those details are. Good luck to you.