1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

multi beard fan mount ?

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by turkeyhunter72, Jun 21, 2010.

1. turkeyhunter72

turkeyhunter72 New Member

i have a customer whose son killed a tom with 5 beards, he cut off the tail and the beards individually. he doesnt want them hanging in shotgun shells or any thing like that, he wants them together somehow. i wish he would have brought the breast feathers for at least a breast mount, but hey what do you do. anyway, does anyone have any ideas on how i should do this? thanks in advance.

2. duxrus

duxrus Active Member

I have the same problem with a 5 bearded bird shot @ 5 yards in the side...OUCH. I talked the client into using one of the 5 beard fan plaques and just starting with the longest beard and running them across the plaque. If you try to stagger them from top to bottom they will all fall together....

3. Buck Deer

Buck Deer Member

KY
    Not sure if this will help you but here's a picture (Not the best picture) that I did and then put the tail fan together that hung above the shadow box. Got the Shadow Box (12 x 12) at Wal-Mart. I found some at Hobby Lobby up to 16 x 20. Hope this helps.
    [​IMG]

4. turkeyhunter72

turkeyhunter72 New Member

thanks for the help

5. I had a bunch of beards and spurs and I came up with this . [​IMG] I drilled holes in the bottom of the wood plaque . In the middle of the plaque you can put a picture of the hunter with the bird . [​IMG]