1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

random bones... mixed media drawing

Discussion in 'Wildlife Artwork and Crafts' started by BVanKirk, Jun 23, 2010.

1. BVanKirk

BVanKirk package deal

39x14ish, playing around with random bits from around the studio

[​IMG]

2. greener

greener New Member

Intresting, a differnt look then I am used to from you. But I like it!! Not my favorite but nice!!

3. BVanKirk

BVanKirk package deal

piece after piece after piece of uber realistic depiction gets old... i need to break the habit occasionally

4. greener

greener New Member

Oh I totally hear you there. Like I said it is differnt and some people those kind of artworks better then others. I am a big fan of your work, but this one is cool in a differnt way!! Keep up the good work. You are truely an insperation!!!

5. dartondude

dartondude New Member

i like it!! way cool

6. WNWA

WNWA New Member

hey great piece of work, you art keeps us on our toes and
    keeps us hanging in thin air for the next one, keep up good
    work bv.....

7. kinetic

kinetic New Member

i really like this one. it's very moody, and almost seems like a landscape... a very strange alien cliff face at night. but that could be my tiredness talking :)

8. ReporterSr

ReporterSr If you think education is expensive, try ignorance

I like it, too, BV. Very unique and intriguing.

9. Light Rail Coyote

Light Rail Coyote Active Member

Great color choice! This is fantastic.

10. hawkflyer

hawkflyer I'm not short, I'm fun sized.

Interesting. It makes me think of bats or pterodactyls. I like the subtle use of color. It's one of those paintings you stare at and each person sees something different. You are very talented Bailey.

11. Cool.....

12. Gatorjaw

Gatorjaw New Member

This was a very wild painting to me. I like it. Probably not pre thought out but think and paint as you go. Not your usual style but has B.V. all over it. Looks great to me!

13. Gatorjaw

Gatorjaw New Member

After looking at the painting a little longer. The top is void but has something going on that is very interesting. The grey area looks like the forhead of a human skull. I think if it were me and it's not, I would capitalize on that and work in the orbitals of the eyes and the top of the nasal opening to the sinus cavity. And see how that hits you. I can picture it like that and I don't mind telling you, it looks great, LOL! But all in all it's your painting and still looks great!

14. BVanKirk

BVanKirk package deal

haha actually that whole part is charcoal and who knows how many layers i laid down and erased, and then laid down again... also i have my entire skull collection within an arms reach when i work like this.... so who knows, maybe a human ended up in there ;)

15. Gatorjaw

Gatorjaw New Member

That's funny, maybe subconsciously you were putting one in. I hope you tinker with it now. I would sure like to see it finished like that. I know if anybody could do it you could. And if you don't get around to it, it looks great anyway!