1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Cougar Feather Painting

Discussion in 'Wildlife Artwork and Crafts' started by Quileute-Wolf, Jun 24, 2010.

1. Quileute-Wolf

Quileute-Wolf New Member

Hope you like ^^ It was my second attempt at realism, my first being a Drake Wigeon, which is also in my DA gallery somewhere. I know it's not perfect but I'm sure I'll get better :)

http://gerardshouseofwolves.deviantart.com/#/d2sii3l

2. Silverose01

Silverose01 Proud member of LTBBOI

::) Wow great screen name ::)

Seriously though I do like the feather painting, it looks great!

3. Quileute-Wolf

Quileute-Wolf New Member

Whats wrong with my screen name :/ Thanks btw RE feather

4. I didn't know cougars had feathers! ;D

Nice work!

Bruce

5. Quileute-Wolf

Quileute-Wolf New Member

Thanks :p Do you think it's accurate at all? I know it's not perfect or anything, but does it look retarded at all? I've never painted a cougar before

6. Silverose01

Lol I was laughing at the Twilight reference ;)

And from what I could see the puma looks good, I've never painted one either though I have painted tigers and a few other big cats, they seem to be a bit more challenging than other paintings

7. Jerome222

Jerome222 New Member

its actually from a song...nothing to do with twilight c:

8. Quileute-Wolf

Quileute-Wolf New Member

I just got it from the fact I LOVE native American mythology/legends, and wolves tie in with that ^^ Then I read about it in Twilight and looked more into it. I'm not a Twitard or anything but I do like the books and movies, I don't see why it's seen as cool to knock something you probs havn't even read lol, but there we go. Glad you thought it was a good attempt at realism. ^^

9. Silverose01

Haha it was a joke
    I work at a movie theater so there's alot of people for that new movie :)

10. Quileute-Wolf

Quileute-Wolf New Member

Any shrieky teen girls? They're really scary :(

11. Silverose01

It gets pretty bad-- and premier nite in two days

12. ivywolf

ivywolf New Member

I think it looks neat! Good job!

My sister is driving me up a wall about the new Twilight movie. I've seen the movies, AND read the books. I don't get the hype. I'm 22 years old, and some of my friends (older than me) are totally obsessed. ::) LOL But to me, it doesn't matter. We all have different interests. There isn't anything wrong with that, at all. :)

13. Silverose01

Well premier nite went well though it was a crazy nite! There was 2006 tickets sold so far for the entire nite
    We have 12 am showing, 3 am, 6 am, its all nite! There were people dressed up in dog ears or vampire teeth and people that were so pale and everything that they looked like vampires themselves!

14. kinetic

kinetic New Member

lol oh jesus. I wear a wolf tooth necklace and I either get people asking me if it's a shark tooth, or if it's for twilight...

I like the face on that cougar.

15. Quileute-Wolf

Quileute-Wolf New Member

Oh dear lol, thanks very much for your comment ^^ I'm in the UK so wolfy bits are highly unlikely for me :(

16. lofjas

lofjas New Member

Your feather painting is nice.
    I am new here I paint also. Usually on saw blades.
    I have done a couple feather paintings.
    Where is a good place to get feathers from, that are legal for me to buy and paint and sell?
    If you don't mind me asking?
    I just recently got my Taxidermy license.
    So I am new to this.
    Thanks,
    lofjas