1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Oklahoma Taxidermists Association Convention and State Championship 2011

Discussion in 'Convention Information' started by kbauman, Jun 26, 2010.

1. kbauman

kbauman Active Member

OK
    June 23rd through 25th, 2011
    28th Annual Oklahoma Taxidermists Association Convention
    Crowne Plaza Hotel, Oklahoma City, OK
    Contact Kenneth Bauman at (405) 247-5711 or visit the <A HREF="http://www.oklahomataxidermistsassociation.com/">OKTA website</A>.

The 28th Annual Oklahoma Taxidermists Association Convention and Competition will be held once again at the Crowne Plaza in OKC. The event will be June 23-25, 2011. For more information visit the OKTA website at www.oklahomataxidermistsassociation.com or contact president Kenneth Bauman at (405) 247-5711 or by e-mail at [email protected]

Attached Files:

2. kbauman

kbauman Active Member

OK
    Judges have been hired for this event. Each will also be presenting a seminar.

Todd Kranau of NE (Whitetails)
    Chris Barnhart of NC (Life-size Mammals & Gameheads)
    Paul Czarnecki of PA (Birds, Fish, Reproductions, & Reptiles)

Clay Wagner of TX has also agreed to present a seminar.

Please visit the OKTA website for the most up-to-date information.

3. kbauman

kbauman Active Member

OK
    Chris Barnhart has had to cancel from his judging duties. Keith Bowman of NC will replace him and judge the Whitetails. Todd Kranau will judge the Life-size Mammals and Gameheads. Jim Pitts, Clay Wagner, Larry Ellis, and Danny Keener are all scheduled to present seminars. The brochure is ready. You may download it directly from the OKTA website (www.oklahomataxidermistsassociation.com) or request one sent to you by mail by e-mailing me at: [email protected] Hope to see everyone at the show.

4. kbauman

kbauman Active Member

OK
    We are a couple of weeks out from this year's convention and it is looking to be huge. Van Dyke's/McKenzie, Jonas, TruFitt, Wildlife Gallery,,,,, will all be set up in the supply room. Brian from the Wildlife Gallery asked, if you plan on bringing hides for tanning to the show, please contact him at the Mt. Home, TX facility. Marshell Ray of AR has agreed to present the final seminar on antler repairs, molding, & casting. Craig Lewis and the UTA has graciously donated $100 to our hospitality room. The UTA is also sending the coolest looking trophy in the taxidermy industry, The Artisan Award, for one lucky recipient at our banquet. I would personally like to invite all my taxidermy.net friends to join me and the OKTA for an outstanding weekend of friendship, learning, and competition. Don't forget to book your rooms early at the Crowne Plaza. It helps the OKTA out tremendously, allowing us to meet our room quota. Also, preregistering with Janell Reid by mail, is going to saw you some money, as compared to the "day of show" head table prize, so send those registrations in. I hope to see you there June 23rd in OKC.

5. This is going to be a great convention! I hope to see everyone out there for three days of fun and learning. This will be my first time to compete and am excited to learn what I need to do to improve to the next level in my taxidermy adventure.

6. Tomorrow is the start of all the fun! Hope to see everyone there!!!!