1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

what's your real job

Discussion in 'Skulls and Skeletons' started by bchadcherry, Jun 27, 2010.

1. I work at Terry Tree svc.we do a variety of tree removal,trimmimng and land clearing.Skull cleaning is just a fun hobby!!
    Mike

2. kikkertinz

kikkertinz Glass half full

welding and daydreaming about NOT welding damn summertime sucks lol

3. roundman81

roundman81 New Member

WI
    Worked in a paper mill for 20 years. Lost my job in 2007. Started Antler Cabin Lighting in 2008, making antler lamps, fire place tools and other things with antler. In the process of adding furniture to the website.
    I went to A.I.T school of Taxidermy back in 1985, working full time and lots of over time at the mill didn't leave much time for Taxidermy so I gave it up. I have been thinking about taking in some deerheads this fall though.

AntlerCabinLights.com

4. tyler-woody

tyler-woody New Member

Maintenance mechanic at Evapco midwest,certified electrician,plc's,hydraulics and pneumatics,mechanical drives,and going to school in two weeks for Lazar's and vertical milling machines, but skulls and taxidermy is where all the fun is

5. MattHCT

MattHCT New Member

My father and I own a construction company. We fab and erect steel for big commercial structures. Wal-Mart, Home Depot, Lowes ect,ect. We also provide Millwright and Pipefitter services for steel, chemical, paper and saw millls.

6. slammerdude

slammerdude Member

I work in the airline industry, and do skulls as a hobby/ side business with fogbound

7. Hey slammer I figured you was a corrections officer

8. Bank Manager for 30 years. ??? prefer hunting and fishing, taxidermy is my hobby an retirement plan..

9. slammerdude

slammerdude Member

why?

10. slammer=jail

11. slammerdude

slammerdude Member

Duh! Too funny never put two and two together! No I fly fish for salmon all the time and created a fly that the salmon just cant resist. Ie the "salmon slammer" fly, and have family and friends call me slammer dude because of it.

12. supdavetax

supdavetax New Member

Fire fighter.

13. Border Patrol Agent, 25 years last month, taxidermy as a recent hobby.

14. My night job is a traffic unit for the sheriff's office. My main duty as a traffic officer is traffic stop, investigating car accidents and DUI stops.I have been a cop for 6 years now. I do taxidermy 20 hour a week hoping to be full time in the next 5 years. I almost for got I am a dad now. He is 5 days old :)

15. The sleepless nights will eventually end ;) - its great when they're old enough to tag along with you. Congratulations, you have a new little hunting buddy. ;D

16. Ya the bad deel is I work a night but I am trying to stay close to are house for momma if she needs me.

17. shadowride69

shadowride69 New Member

18. PA

PA Well-Known Member

This is an old post but it is interesting to see some of the same names from 3 years ago still here. I wonder how many who were students back then have graduated onto more exciting things - most of the European skeleton people seemed to be students.

I never put in my real job back then. I work for a reasonably large Natural History Museum. For the first 18.5 years I was a preparator in Birds and Herps. I prepped study skins and skeletons of birds 3 days a week and 2 days a week worked prepping herps or in the collection. In 1998/9 I moved on to be a collection manager of the same two sections after lots of people left and primarily deal with loans, visitors, databases, care of the collection, education, and a small amount of preparation.

19. Vkvz

Vkvz New Member

You must have a fantastic job PA!

As for myself, still a student actually!
    Last time I posted here (about 3 years ago in fact) I had just completed my Bachelor degree in biology. Since then I got a Master degree in paleontology, and moved on to a PhD in the same field (with a lot of developmental biology added to it), and I'm dealing mainly with sharks and rays.

20. Wouter

Wouter Member

I'm a biologist and a teacher of biology and life sciences & technology at a grammar school. I'm also a honorary lecturer and curator of zoology at a university.

Wouter