1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

BIRD OF THE WEEK # 26-27,Year 4

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by Taxi-lover, Jun 28, 2010.

1. j_scott

j_scott New Member

Jeremy
    Man that is one AMAZING piece of work!!!
    if you haven't won a ribbon with it all I wanna know is WHY??????
    If you did Win Congrats it is an Amazing piece

Johnny

2. jeremy

jeremy Have you hugged your snake today!

Thanks everybody, in retrospec after being judged by Nacy Crocker and Cory Caruthers at 2 different shows....there would be several things I would change but all in all I was happy. I did pretty well in ID with it and not quite as good at the Western Regionals but still placed and took home 3 ribbons. The real winnings though are the things I learned on it from some great judges.

The piece is also a bit more special since all 3 of the birds were harvest out of the same flock across from my house, I took the Euro and the hen and my good buddy took the American drake.....so I HAD to mount them all up....here are some pictures from the hunt

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Jeremy,
    Dynamite piece. There was some real thought put into that piece. Continued greatness seen on this thread at all times!!!

4. Nancy C

Nancy C Well-Known Member

I had to be mean about the judging, but it truly is a very nice mount!
    Too bad everybody couldn't see it in person.

5. jeremy

LOL...... MEAN???....nawww, mean would have been telling me to take hike and not giving me such a helpfull critique when you should have been heading to lunch with Gary...LOL.... :D :D

6. Jeremy, that was really an awesome piece. It was nice to see it in person. Here is a couple of my show pieces. I want to thank Nancy C. for all the information she shared with me. That woman is absolutely amazing! I know what I will do different next time thanks to her. Talk with you soon. John

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. bulldawg

bulldawg Member

John and Jeremy, those were great pieces! You guys certainly are gifted and it shows that you put alot of effort into your work. Always nice to hang out with you guys.

Here is what I took, not very good but did learn alot.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. jeremy

Big John as always it was fun to hang.....just think maybe a couple more shows and you may yet just figure me out.... ;) your birds were rockin BTW

Mike glad you made it, as always great to get to to see you. I really liked your Gaddy and that was a heck of a base.

9. TIM SCHLOSS

TIM SCHLOSS Member

JP, THANK YOU FOR THE NOD. SOME REAL NICE LOOKING BIRDS BEING POSTED. JEREMY, THAT IS A GREAT LOOKING BAG OF BIRDS.

10. take em

take em New Member

VERY nice everyone!!! please allow me to throw one into the BOTW. looks like you all had a good time up north! :)
    [​IMG]

11. Timjo

Timjo Active Member

USA
    Man you guy's do some excellent work! Beautiful! Keep up the good work!

12. Taxi-lover

Taxi-lover Active Member

Jeremy and WCTaxidermy...some impressive job!! Nice mounts coming,great work you all!! I truly would like to see in live most of the mounts here...

13. TIM SCHLOSS

TIM SCHLOSS Member

[​IMG]

14. TIM SCHLOSS

TIM SCHLOSS Member

[​IMG]

15. nate

nate Active Member

Sweet pinnie Tim!!

16. Mike, that cinny and base was rocking. It was sure nice to see you again at the show. Tim very nice. Take'em I love that Harli and base work. JP thanks for the nice complimanets. Great birds everyone. John

17. wingman

wingman Active Member

Nice lookin work on this thread!!Love the hen Pinny!

18. grantgav

grantgav New Member

This was mounted a while ago for NZ taxidermy show.

Attached Files:

19. hambone

hambone Well-Known Member

Sometimes you see something you just have to comment on, that dead rooster is about as good as it gets for that pose, great presentation.

20. SteveP

SteveP New Member

WOW! There is some great inspiration here.

Nancy, If I ever get an in-person critique from you, I will definitely bring my notebook! :)