1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

GATOR WARS with Tom Voyer to benefit Michael P. UPDATED W/ PICS

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by antlerman, Jun 28, 2010.

1. antlerman

antlerman NTA Life Member #0118

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just got off the phone with coonhollow aka Blaine Gerow. He and Tommy have devised a plan to have Tommy and Dan psycho Hudzik to teach a weekend class of mounting alligators. Their intent is to do that the weekend of Sept. 24,25, & 26. They asked to do it here at my shop due to space and central location. Several here have already bought gators from Blaine. You can use those gators and Blaine will also have other gators available for purchase. The cost of the event has not yet been determined, but will be kept at a minimum to cover costs of chemicals and supplies. We at this time are going to be open to all comers with no minimum on the numbers of people who can attend. I have other buildings available for this besides my shop if needed, which could easily handle ANY number of guests. We want to do this as a way to raise money for Michael as he undertakes the giving of life to Mr. Harry Paulson.

This post is to see if an interest exists.

Please let us know by posting your interest here.

Currently the thought process in leading us to think that cost will be 300.00 above cost for supplies and the cost of a gator, if you need one, which Blaine says runs in the 60.00 to 70.00 dollar range. I think roughly 400.00 should cover the cost. That should leave 300.00 per student going to aid Michael and Harry. This is a way to donate and learn at the same time.

Again. let us know what you think.

Sincerely Tim, Blaine, Tom and Dan

2. Re: Gatorpalooza with Tom Voyer to benefit Michael P.

I'm interested.

3. RDA

RDA Active Member

Re: Gatorpalooza with Tom Voyer to benefit Michael P.

Dang more killer seminars!! Gaitors by the kings o gaitors !!!!!! :eek:

4. sarahdj

sarahdj Active Member

Oo- ooohh- Timmy, Dan, Tommy, gators available- that's after bear trip but before bow season. Timmy- count me in!!! That's a good price and who could pass up an opportunity to hang with that crew!!!
    Let me know if there is anyting I can do to help Tim!

5. antlerman

Andy and Sarah, I've got you on the list of interested. Once the list is large enough to make it practical, we will try to finalize more plans. Thanks for jumping in. I'm sure over the next few days/weeks Tom, Dan and Blaine will have more to add for information if this proves to have enough interest. Keep letting THEM know what you want by posting your interest here.

6. Uncle Harley

Uncle Harley New Member

Is voyer gonna chase me around again with his weiner out? Sounds like a sweet deal I don't know blaine ( if he's friends with voyer than I'm sure he's a hoot too) but Any day spent with Tom and Dan will be a day to remember!

7. Bwana

Bwana New Member

Iowa

I asked this on the other post but here I go again. I've got this 13 foot gator of my own that I would like to mount up. Is ther any way I can get into a gatorpalooza like this with one that size. I know it is asking a lot but I'm willing to pay more. What do you think?

8. Uncle Harley

Uncle Harley New Member

I would PM Tom Voyer and ask him personally. I don't want to step out of line and answer for him, but I was there the last time Tom and Dan Mounted a 13ftr and it's gonna take more than 3 days and a metric chitload of billet foam.

9. antlerman

As Harley said, you need to ask Tom on that one, but I wouldn't think so. He was talking little 4 and 5 footers. BIG BIG difference. Mounting a 13 footer is like wrestling 3 fat women at once with you on the bottom and tied down. It's almost a fight for your life in comparison.

10. scpol

scpol Wholesale Bird Taxidermy....Fan of Mike & Harry

Been there, done it...lol. 8) 8)

11. coonhollow

coonhollow Active Member

Sorry it took so long for me to post on this I made all the calls on my way to the ER this morning and just got home from being poked and prodded all day.lol
    Here is the deal I will donate some gators as well as check with the person I get them from to see if he would donate some so whatever can be saved I will make sure its divided equally among those who show up I would like to keep this as cheep as possible to get better attendance and still raise a chunk of cash for Michael.
    Also I spoke with Oldshaver (Aubrey) and he is going to supply everything needed at cost and work out a tanning system and formula for the Gators so this will also be a bonus everyone will get first hand tanning instruction and provide everyone with step by step tanning procedures for future use.. he also thinks he possibly can attend to help out and share some knowledge! Quite a bonus!
    Similar to the Yoxathon's hopefully most materials needed will be donated we will work on that also. I would love to see 20 people and if some considers carpooling it possibly could be a cheep learning experience.
    If we hit 15-20 people (Tim hope this is ok) I will bring a live wild boar to roast and put names in a hat for anyone there to leave with a lifesize wild boar skin for free. (Dan I will bring you a chicken I know you are allergic to pork.lol)

and remember most of all this is to benefit MP so why not make a fun 3 day getaway learning experience out of it!

12. Uncle Harley

Uncle Harley New Member

@400 I'll do this.

Will he be doing the pour method with foam?................just need to know if i need to bring my nebulizer so you don't have to worry about wether or not you need to call an ambulance ;)

13. Re: Gatorpalooza with Tom Voyer to benefit Michael P.

I see reflective gator eyes in the near future.

14. Uncle Harley

Uncle Harley New Member

already been playing around with them they offer unique challenges mamal eyes do not. ;)

15. psycho

psycho 2011 WORLD CHAMPIONS!

LOL ;D It's hard to get gator eyes to reflect red without constantly showing the red. I have tried to do it myself for a comp piece and it doesn't seem to work. Maybe Harley will eventually figure it out but it stinks trying and failing....

We will have a blast. I got a phone call from someone this evening that left a voicemail on my phone. Not sure I could hear the call back number clearly so if you read this please call me again please. My phone has been blown up all day so sorry for missing your call. Thanks, Dan

16. sarahdj

sarahdj Active Member

Hey Tim- is that field in beans or corn?;)

17. antlerman

Well, last years bean field is this years corn field, and last years corn field is this years bean field....WHY? Watcha got in mind?? LOL You thinking about joining the streakers this time? OH Yeah!

18. sarahdj

sarahdj Active Member

Nah- I'd give women and small children nightmares, and turn you otherwise innocent pervs into church going converts standing up and singing specials.

19. antlerman

LOL I can think of alot of songs that have been sang in the corn field!! Alot of praising going on.

Hallejuha
    My God is a Awesome God
    There are Angels amougst us.
    Oh come all ye faithful
    Oh Holy night
    He has arisen

Oh the list just goes on and on!!!!! LOL

Once I sang; there's a bad moon arising!!
    Followed by; I saw the light, I saw the light.

20. antlerman

Guys we need some help with this. We need to get the numbers up so we can determine if it is gonna be worthwhile to do this.

I've had 4 people either contact me or show interest. We need alot more than that.