1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

GATOR WARS with Tom Voyer to benefit Michael P. UPDATED W/ PICS

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by antlerman, Jun 28, 2010.

1. antlerwoman

antlerwoman NTA Convention 2016

I thought "Tommy" was Daddy ! ?? lol Ohhh! Nevermind. I was thinking MY Daddy! I bad. Carry on! lol

2. psycho

psycho 2011 WORLD CHAMPIONS!

LOL

OK that time ol fool was used out if context, she's only 25. LOL I still laughed though. ;D

3. old n twisted

old n twisted always trying to to learn taxidermy

Dan ,I didn't say she was OLD, I said OLE,but that was funny,still laughing!

4. coonhollow

coonhollow Active Member

lol, she is old enough to spank! lol or still young enough ...however you want to look at it. ::)

5. taxi_grl_ga

taxi_grl_ga Active Member

hahahahhaha!!!!!! omg y'all crack me up! i'll never be old! that's why i drive fast! i don't want to live past 50! funny thing is, if i KEEP driving fast officer stephens might not let me make it past 30.....it's a fine line. ;)

tommy's more like an uncle....twice removed....eeeeverybody loves him....but nooobody knows why....hahaha! (kisses tommy! mean it! and if you see this...when are you coming to GA?? i'm waiting for the call!)

6. old n twisted

I am happy to announce that all of the gator wars sponsors except one has gotten their plaques. I did a conformation delivery check and they were delivered to them on Oct.12, Funny how I sent them priority mail and it took 5 days no mater where they were. Al Holmes shop is only about 60 miles away from me and it still took 5 days, unreal! Now you know why everything you haved shipped frozen shows up thawd out. almost like snail mail anymore lol

7. coonhollow

coonhollow Active Member

Dennis thank you I talked with Chris from Art-Rocks and he loved it said he at one time had a laser and never got anything that nice from his own!

8. old n twisted

Mailed out the last Gator Wars plaque today, so now everyone of the sponsors has one , yeah me!!!!!!!!!!!!!,lol

9. antlerman

antlerman NTA Life Member #0118

YES YOU!! You deserve a huge pat on the back for all you did for everyone. Thank You SO much Dennis. It was all of us together doing their own part to make this what it was for EVERYONE. I truly do believe everyone got more BANG for their Buck that they came expecting.

10. coonhollow

coonhollow Active Member

His laser engravings were icing on the cake! it gave everyone something to remember it by and the suppliers from what I have hears so far loved them! so lets do this again next year!

11. old n twisted

Thanks guys and gals, but it was my wifes idea to do the plaques. she desighned them for us. It did sort of put the iceing on the cake so to speak of. I think it was great that everybody sighned each others plaques so we will always remember who was there, but I don't think I could ever forget any of ya'll and the fun we had. I almost didn't get to come but looking back it was one of my best moves. who could ask for a better family as there is in the taxidermy world to spend a weekend with as we did.

12. psycho

That Dennis is a lucky guy to have a lady like Lou... Now be quiet and get back to work ole fool.....

13. Bwana

Bwana New Member

Iowa
    :-\Well I cannot take it another minute. I am not going to wait any longer. I have been patient and waited for someone else to say they were painting their gator but all I hear is silence. I am going to take the jump and start my painting tomarrow! I am going in...wish me luck!!! :eek:

14. antlerman

antlerman NTA Life Member #0118

Good Luck, although I haven't done it, I watched as Tom and Dan painted these two here at my shop. You've got alot of painting to do on that Big Fella. One thing I noticed when they painted these, outside where the sun shines on it is your best light. Have fun.

15. Bwana

Bwana New Member

Iowa
    Tim I don't have the nerve to start painting the big one yet. Besides the tail is still a little wet. I am working on the small one to get some practice. I decided to modpodge the whole gater because I had a lot of missing scales. I also like that it gives the skin a fleshier look. It is alittle too shiny but I will address that later. I think I can use a semigloss finish when I am done. The whole thing is an experiment. That is one of the things I learned from Tom" Don't be afraid to try nonconventional methods." We'll see. I wish everyone luck as they paint there gators...I can see this is going to be a blast! Post your pictures. And Tim I hope my gator turns out as nice as the two you have in your showroom. Your showroom is a vacation destinatiion in my book! :D

16. Uncle Harley

Uncle Harley New Member

sorry , mines been painted for a couple of weeks.

17. psycho

That doesn't surprise me... ;D

Good luck. If you have the chance to paint it outside do it! Works out fantastic. I know it will look good, you did a great job on both your gators while at Tims... ;)

18. Uncle Harley

Uncle Harley New Member

what the hell is that suppose to mean LMAO you told me to paint it so I did. LOL I may work over a few more spots once things settle down a bit, but I haven't been in the shop much except when I have to.

19. psycho

;D

That means if there was going to be someone from the class to do it first, I would have bet it would have been you to do it and I would have been right... ;) ;D

20. Uncle Harley

Uncle Harley New Member

should I take that as a compliment? LMAO or that lazy bastard just painted it quick and said close is good enough