1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Turkey of the Month "July"

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by brettdef, Jul 1, 2010.

1. Got the shop up and running after a couple months off. Here is a wet commerical bird on day three gobbling fanned on a limb. This has become my most requested pose it seems and the McKenzie limb makes life easy and has a new and improved color job too. Bird was missing a few breast feathers and I think the neck looks short. I prefer the more muted paint job on the head. Its on a Cally TK-52 unaltered. Only an 18 pound two-year-old NY eastern.
    [​IMG]

2. A- Fish

A- Fish Stehling's Taxidermy

Nice work buckyb3. I agree- the Mckenzie limbs make life easy.

Another WI bird put together today.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. nate

nate Active Member

Jeff C, that bird looks ALIVE!!!

4. Here's on that just left the shop.
    [​IMG]

Great looking mounts everyone!

5. stuffr2

stuffr2 Member

Didn't realize that I was on my wife's account until after I posted. Sorry ;D

6. jt

jt Member

PA
    Thanks nate

7. ed150

ed150 deer city time

wounderfull work

8. Gobblingfever

Gobblingfever 100% PEER GOBBLER ADDICTION!!!!

Oh boy I missed the link the most!! GOBBLE!!!!!! Great looking birds fellas. Do to a cheating wife my taxi progress is on hold. Hopefully i can find another place with room and can afford to keep at it. I wil keep on here when I can get on a computer and keep my hopes high looking at all the marvelous gobblers on here.

9. Birds Only

Birds Only Member

I added some pictures in the 2010 section of a bird I just mounted for competition. www.birdsonly1.shutterfly.com

10. srholmes30

srholmes30 Living each and every day

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Great looking mounts everyone,here is one of mine for July.
    Scott.

11. jeremy

jeremy Have you hugged your snake today!

Like to follow this thread, finally threw a few together so I could join in..... here are couple of ones drying

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Still need to groom and t/u, ill have more done in a couple of months but I gotta finish waterfowl

12. MikeC

MikeC Proud Conservative

All your guys work is great! Jeremy that strutter is sweet!

13. trophy mount TN

trophy mount TN Trophy Mount Taxidermy

HERES ONE IM WORKING ON RIGHT NOW. CUSTOMER BIRD, IF IT TURNS OUT DECENT ENOUGH I MAY TAKE IT TO THE KY SHOW.I KNOW I STILL REALLY NEED TO TONE THAT HEAD DOWN SOME.

Attached Files:

14. duxrus

duxrus Active Member

Here is a mount I just finished for a client. He wanted a Florida swamp scene that was fitting where he shot it....this is what i came up with.......I call it "Swamp surprise"....with Mr. No shoulders :grooving:

[​IMG]

15. Thats nice man I like the pose as well!!!

16. trophy mount TN

trophy mount TN Trophy Mount Taxidermy

GREAT JOB DUX! VERY UNIQUE! 8)

17. Nice mount.
    Dux where did you get those palmettos?

18. duxrus

duxrus Active Member

Thanks....

Palmettos came from Al Holmes Taxidermy Supply....

I love it when a client says do something "different" and lets you run with an idea :)

19. kbauman

kbauman Active Member

OK
    I am not a bird man what so ever, but I always enjoy looking at some fantastic turkey work. Great job guys. This year at our show, my good friend Larry Ellis of Hinton, OK, did extremely well with his turkey. It won many of the major awards. It also earned him a blue ribbon at the 2010 NTA show. Congratulations Larry.

Attached Files:

20. ryhunter

ryhunter Member

TN
    That sure is a beautiful Rio!! Love seeing new additions to this thread! Can't wait till I am able to post one in here!