1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Can someone dry tan my wet tanned coyote ?

Discussion in 'Wanted' started by leopardpaws, Jul 1, 2010.

1. I have a professionally wet tanned black coyote i need tumbled and softened... I have no clue the process to it other wise i would attempt it myself. However this is for a good customer and i want it to come out nice.

Please let me know your price and turn around time :) thanks so much!

2. psycho

psycho 2011 WORLD CHAMPIONS!

who tanned it? Depending on who tanned it and with what could make a difference whether or not you can have that thing dried, tumbled and softened. Some tans dry up hard as a freaking rock and require extensive breaking and sometimes re-oiling.

3. Sikk

Sikk Member

I Lutan F my hides (wet tan) and oil with Knoblocch's liqua soft tanning oil. I oil and sweat overnight in a fridge two to three times , then tumble , wash with pert shampoo and blow dry the hide. As the skin dries I break the hide on a table edge, and when thoroughly dry. sand with an orbital sander. Although not garment soft, the hides stay fairly soft, pliable, and seem to hold up well through the years. I do this for all my rugs and wall hangers, paul

4. Louie

Louie New Member

Start at where you had it anned and ask them if you can make it soft or possibly sent it back and they can, even if it costs a few bucks, It's cheeper than tryig to replace it and loosing a customer over.

5. Call your tannery and ask them .... they will be able to advise.