1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Lifesize Mammal of the Month #28 (7/10-8/10)

Discussion in 'Lifesize Mammals' started by Doylestudio, Jul 6, 2010.

1. New one for us

Attached Files:

2. mdupertuis

mdupertuis Active Member

Jerry,

Those Baboons are awesome! Coolest mounts I have seen in a long time.

3. First Coatimundi

Attached Files:

4. Cathy

Cathy N.E.A.T President

Customer bobcat. The right ear was pretty chewed up.

[​IMG]

5. snowhare

snowhare New Member

Well
    Here is my monster of the week ;D ;D ;D, a Ringtailed cat , just got a salted skin in mint condition , no body no head , no nada to work with , so i started wrapping a body part by part , carved a head , and see a Cat, it is a lill bit idea from me and a bit stolen from WA :eek: :eek: :eek:

\AND YUP I NO BAD PICUTERE AND CRAPPY WORKBENCH :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Attached Files:

6. Wolfie101

Wolfie101 New Member

Very nice, snow hare. :)

7. Jerry awesome, the whole Obama administration.

8. mimes

mimes Member

snowy.....is that a bullfrog in the pic

9. Justin P.

Justin P. Active Member

No, it's a cobra with legs.

10. snowhare

snowhare New Member

Justin

How did you no that

11. No time for backdrop photos on this one.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. Wayne R

Wayne R NRA and B&C Life Member

Great looking bear Matt. I also see a familiar looking mount in the background and a (Butch Bragg mounting stand)

As far as the rest of the work on here, it has been an impressive month, very nice.

13. Justin P.

Justin P. Active Member

Just mounted Wed. building his rock today...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. Thanks Wayne, I love my Bragg stand.

15. Silverose01

Silverose01 Proud member of LTBBOI

I like the calm look on that bear

16. mjvaden

mjvaden New Member

Justin, I don't normally post a critique type advice. But if you just mounted your cougar on Wednesday I would rework your ears quick! they really need to be rolled back and be pushed further into the form. I mad a mistake like this on my first leopard I mounted 18 or so years ago and it always bothered me. Luckily it was my cat and I came back years later and was actually able to cut it open and re do the ears and fix it.

I also had to fix one an employee did acouple of years ago. What I did was mad a cut on the back of the ear but and worked through that opening to dig out excessive clay and cut a deeper channel in the form to allow the ear to go down deeper.

I know this it a relatively critique free here I just thought I might be able to help you out.

Best of luck, Mike

17. Justin P.

Justin P. Active Member

Mike,
    I rolled the rear corner of the ears further back. I don't mind the critique.
    Now you've got me comparing photos of my mount with the reference again. I don't see a big difference. However I was trying to achieve a gravitational affect on the skin as it may pull forward a bit given the cats extreme downward angle.... is that what you're seeing???
    Thanks

18. mjvaden

mjvaden New Member

Justin, They look like they are rocked way to forward and it looks like there is about twice the amount of clay that there should be in the ear buts. They kind of have a moose like look to the ears and ear buts. Some one like WA or JB might be able to put it in to words better then I can. I think if you reduce the amount of clay and roll them back some it will look better.

Mike

19. LordRusty

LordRusty If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

Ohio
    Hey Justin,

Mike - mjvaden - asked me if I would try and explain what he is trying to help you with, and if it is all right with you, I will try and help. Let me know this is okay with you before I even start, as too many here pitch a fit whenever I try to help! I can make it private if you like, but it would benefit all if it were posted here.

John.

20. Justin P.

Justin P. Active Member

Fire away! :)