1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

The Week in Fish Pictures" ~Year 4~ Week # 35-36 !!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by Rick Krane, Jul 12, 2010.

1. cremmick

cremmick New Member

Great job everyone! Just finished this. It is my 10th total mount (4th Walleye). It was just shy of 12 lbs.

Attached Files:

2. 7-Point

7-Point Active Member

Those half-mounts are very cool Sarmite, I'm going to try one if I catch a real nice catfish some day. Nice walleye cremmick.

3. Jimmy Lawrence

Jimmy Lawrence Well-Known Member

HOLY MOLY!!!

Damien, glad to see you got some things done my friend!! Well done! Can't wait to see the Crappies!!! If I ever get a tarpon, I hope it turns out half as good as that one you just did sir!!! Well done indeed.

Great work from everyone. I love this thread.

Skinmount Green Sunfish 11.5''. Real fins :( Very badly damaged, and had to be seriously prepared with backing, and what not.

Spotting looks very strong, but it just hit the light just right in the pics.

First one Ive done. It was fun .

Jimmy

Attached Files:

4. Jimmy Lawrence

Jimmy Lawrence Well-Known Member

Another shot.

As with all my fish, it includes a Still Life Lense from Jeff Lumsden!

Attached Files:

5. duxdog

duxdog Active Member

Nice Greenie Jimmy! I may have somthing coming your way soon. :eek:

6. capra

capra New Member

Keeping with the Australian theme here is skin mount Murray Cod 44" 54lb, one of our largest freshwater fish. Still life eye lenses were used. Hand carved body. Love that Bonito repro.

Tony

[​IMG]

7. 7-Point

7-Point Active Member

nice Green Sunfish Jimmy. Cool mount capra.

8. love the catfish sarmite! starting to wonder where your getting em all !

9. duxdog

duxdog Active Member

19'' custom molded Smallmouth reproduction.

[​IMG]

10. kbauman

kbauman Active Member

OK
    I haven't posted in quit a while. Beautiful salt water fish always inspire me, great job.

I had my very first experience with a Tiger Trout this past week. My reference was very limited, but with the photos recommended from www.bouldermountainguide.com, I was able to wing my way through it,,,,, hopefully. Anyway, I always love painting fish I am not accustom to working with on a daily basis. Great job to all.

Attached Files:

11. Brian Claar

Brian Claar New Member

Nice fish Ken. Not bad for your first. ;)

12. NOAH@aarrkk

[email protected] Active Member

GA
    Here's a 5.5 iinch custom mold/cast Piranha that I recently finished.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. Kevin Halle

Kevin Halle Well-Known Member

Nice looking sunfish Jimmy!

14. 7-Point

7-Point Active Member

15. Brian W

Brian W Active Member

Wow, nice work Damien. Beautiful work Don, Doug, Jimmy, Rich, KB (awesome tiger trout), and keeping with Denny's nice re-do, here's a LM re-do I recently finished, before and after pics. Dont know who or when it was originally mounted but I had some decent anatomy to work with and a fairly smooth canvas to paint on. Hope it filled the bill as the quality Birthday present it was meant to be........

Attached Files:

16. Brian W

Brian W Active Member

after

Attached Files:

17. den007

den007 Active Member

Nice fixing up job, Brian. At least you got to paint it like a real fish. I had to "restore" that God-awful paint job. Even though these jobs are not the best paying work, I get a kind of satisfaction restoring the darned old things. Any fellow
    Sconnies enjoy the round of tornados yesterday? Three trees down on my place. One fell right outside my workroom and luckily only grazed the house. I was doing some fish work at the time, and it got really black out. When that tree hit, I was already downstairs, but just about crawled under the workbench. Scary stuff!

18. hambone

hambone Active Member

Brian thats a nice save on the bass good job.

19. WNWA

WNWA New Member

very nice re-do on the large mouth, brian

20. fishmedic

fishmedic R.I.P. Alli !

Skin mount with custom cast head.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]