1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

todays springfield paper NTA

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by justin33, Jul 15, 2010.

1. justin33

justin33 New Member

Headlines "Resignations shadow taxidermists' national convention in city"

Read it at sj-r.com

What the hell?!?!?!?

2. http://www.sj-r.com/news/x1143362582/Taxidermy-convention-opens-amid-turmoil

3. Brian Claar

Brian Claar New Member

4. What a load of CRAP!!!! :mad:

5. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

"During an interview with a State Journal-Register reporter, NTA board member John Janelli took papers related to the allegations from a reporter and tore them in several pieces. He then stormed off.

Wolk, who appoligized for Janelli's actions.........."

I guess the reporter got the Fred & Harry treatment. LOL Way to go John Janelli representing all Taxidermists in a "professional" manner....wow, this is the man (who throws temper tantrums and tears up a reporters questions) who is supposed to be representing us in Washington through the Conservation Committee???

Professionals (and innocent peole) do not tear up reporters questions.....they stand there and proudly defend themselves.

Stupidity John, plain stupidity. For the first time I am actually excited to see the NTA coming to an end so you old jackasses can stop embarissing all of us! IDIOTS!

6. Heath Cline

Heath Cline Well-Known Member

Ohio
    Real good Public Relations there ::)

7. jtcjr

jtcjr Member

NC
    John what a total embarrassment to all taxidermist, we taxidermist need new leadership that can represent us in a professional manner.

8. shammy

shammy New Member

I just lost all hope for JJ.

9. gab

gab Active Member

if this were washington politics,this is where he would resign and publicly apologize,for the good of the organization

10. RDA

RDA Active Member

well in todays times a gag order would be issued to him from the prezeedunt.. a little too late it would also seem..

11. mmwtdh

mmwtdh Member

What a joke and public relations nightmare...........

12. redwolf

redwolf Active Member

It isn't that they can't see the solution, it's that they can't see the problem.
    - G. K. Chesterton

13. RDA

RDA Active Member

hard to see anything with their heads up their hineys.....

I wonder how many NASTY phone messages and emails have gone out thus far..??

14. Well came in to another nasty phone message since I do not have caller ID on the shop phones I'll leave my reply here I'm sure that the low life will read this.

I am not and I have not said the things I have about the NTA as a UTA board member when I speak about the NTA it is as a NTA LIFE MEMBER !!!!! period so quit with the crap that because I am a member of the UTA I want to destroy the NTA you clowns are doing a good enough job by your self's.

Especially with that lose canon of yours good old JJ.

15. RDA

RDA Active Member

Not suprised Steve! :D I think they have taken their views from modern politics., Kinda like blaming Bush for the oil spill..... ::) Hopefully the thirty five or so hidden cameras at the show will get the scoop LOL!

16. redwolf

redwolf Active Member

It's probably the same one that signs out to report any threads about the NTA.

17. RDA

RDA Active Member

I can just see them there at the show. scuttling here and there heading off to rooms behind closed doors . whilst the phrase "that damm taxidermy net" wafts lazily throughout the area...

18. Kim Owens

Kim Owens Are we there yet?

Now that's some funny sh**!

19. Cole

Cole Amateur Taxidermist

"During an interview with a State Journal-Register reporter, NTA board member John Janelli took papers related to the allegations from a reporter and tore them in several pieces. He then stormed off.

Wolk, who appoligized for Janelli's actions.........."

Unbelievable, what a bunch of ****ing clowns. Hot headed, self serving, ****ing clowns! That one action did more to hurt the NTA than anything that's ever been posted on taxi.net. Add to it the recent lifetime bans and you have a 3-ring freaking circus being held in Springfield IL right now. Let me guess, Fred and Harry didn't pay their dues? They all need to go, it's an embarrassment.

20. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

Dang Cole....i've never seen you edited before! LOL

Maybe that reporter should walk up to John with these papers in his hands.......JOHN'S OWN WORDS!

John Janelli responds
    Submitted by J J on 04/23/2003. ( ) 152.163.188.197
    My point in posting these convictions against the president and his immediate staff of the NTA is to inform this industry of how corrupted the organization has become.No one resigns a board seat or membership for no reason.How else can the rank and file member be made aware of the dishonesty,conspiracy and theivery that goes on behind the scenes if some one doesn't break from the status quo to do it?Wake up people,$19,000.00 for miscellaneous expenses?! Am I the only one who thinks the way I do?Not judging from the emails I've recieved latleiy. Their number one problem with me was that I discovered the 100% mandate was a scam that they had no intention of honoring longer than they had to.I was black balled even before I resigned so why should I have stayed,just to take money from the suppliers to make NTA look good?I think not!Soon after the last summer meeting,the president ended one of my jobs, the Public Relations of the NTA.The president and I had absolutley no communication what so ever.He never returned phone calls or emails.Have you any idea how frustrating it was to be a board member and be ignored by the very person you're suppose to look up to?Several board members with jelly for a backbone told me what they really thought of the president for doing that,but no one ever confronted him.It's his prerogative I was told.Fine,only the entire NTA has been run by this man's prerogative in mind rather than the needs of an organization now in the 21st century.I agree,board members come and go,but since when does this mean that every crooked thing the NTA does is expungeable because of that fact?Due to the lucky wisecracks of a few people here in this forum,they always manage to extricate themselves from panic situations thereby escaping the convictions of the industry.In addition to this,I'd like to invite the very same people who were at that executive session listening to the illegal use of tapes supplied by the president to come to my room at the next convention and listen to the tapes that I have of the president,executive director,past president(s) and board members of how they all rationalized their behavior in office.All 117 minutes of it as they slammed and stabbed the very people who groomed them for their jobs.They could hear for themselves how nominations are played with and how certain suppliers get free adds for very,very small if any prize fund donations.This tape will make Watergate look like spin the bottle.Listen to the president as he just about orders the death of a board member he could not keep from the board.Listen to several board members actually encourage me to go back in the NTA and how they would make sure I would.One board member went so far as to call me the night before leaving to New Orleans to say I had no problem getting back in because they all knew how screwed up the president was. Yeah,all that on tape.Never in a million years did I think I'd have to resort to using this.Not in a million more years will an NTA president ever abuse his power as this one has done.How ever,I doubt the Board will let me play this tape for them "with" what was used against me.I only hope a few NTA members would want to attend their own executive session and then form their own conclusions after hearing my tape.May be then some of you will see that I am not on mission to destroy the NTA,only to rid them of the people who think it's their own property.Yes,I very well made my decisions to resign and at the same time so did the president of the NTA when he chose to illegally use tapes against me.Only his were made with his ego in his mind and something else in his hand.My only wish is that the members could see,hear and decide for themselves what this is about but that's impossible because at the NTA,an educated member is their worst customer.This is a forum for and about the industry.I believe what goes on in the world of taxidermy should be posted here.Everything from the Irag war to who knows what else has been posted before.As taxidermists,we have any number of law enforcement agencys who want to do to us ,what the NTA president has done in the executive session.Anyone can be next.Anything you say can and will be.... used against you.This is the finest industry to me in the world and the only industry I have ever been engaged in all my life.God forbid that we should be so lax as to let anyone of us be treated by our own people the way our real enemys would love to see us now.

John, I could not agree more :)