1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

For those who want to see the NTA records...

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by joeym, Jul 16, 2010.

1. joeym

joeym Jeannette & Joey @ Dunn's Falls

here they are...

[​IMG]

I didn't see any secrets, all I see is a very simple and neat set of books for the past couple of years. Cindy is VERY conscious of everything being in order. She even makes copies of each cash bill taken in!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Seriously folks, I don't see a problem. The convention is a success. The two seminars I attended today by Brett Defrietas were packed. Everyone seems to be having a good time, learning and visiting with old friends.

And...I didn't even get bounced for looking at the books, LOL, !!!

[​IMG]

If you missed this one, you missed a good one...make plans for Sioux Falls next year!

2. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

11 3 ring binders carry all the financial information for the NTA ??????????????????????????????????????????? LMAO!!

Thanks Joey.....you and the Mrs have a blast as you always do......i'm headed to the worlds next year instead of Sioux Falls.....just like the suppliers I talked to today :) Ohhhh wait....i'm not welcome in Sioux Falls anyways :) LOL

3. RDA

RDA Active Member

Surely thats just for the show right!?? :D Hope you enjoyed the show Joey-looks like ya are.... :)

4. Well Joey glad to see you're having a nice time despite all the turmoil. :)

I was told the membership meeting is being put off til after the auction ?????

Well Joey I'm sure there wouldn't be anything wrong with anything you are looking at. Believe me, the things that were asked for were said to be "to personal" to show a CPA and an ATTORNEY so I'm sure there is nothing on that table or in those binders that will prove innocence or guilt of anyone!

But I just got off the phone with an attendee also who said they were told there were 400 ATTENDEES ?? They didn't think that there are that many people out there. :-\
    This person wasn't there last night and the comp room won't be opened til tomorrow so not sure on mount count.

But the rumor about Fred and Harry being "banned for life" is absolutely true from a very reliable source!

So sad how clueless some people can be! This habit of banning everyone that pi$$es them off is becoming a habit!
    [size=10pt][size=10pt]BIG MISTAKE BOD!!

5. Jim Kimball

Jim Kimball New Member

With those "Rose Colored Glasses" Joey.... You're just the person they are looking for to be on the board... They have plenty of empty seats for ya.. Even room for the Mrs. They like voting couples on the board.. Two votes their way is better then one..

6. Kim Owens

Kim Owens Are we there yet?

Wonder if copying the cash is something new for 2010 when you wolves are breathing down ones neck! It's never been done before.

7. coonhollow

coonhollow Active Member

lol, totally unreal, I have cases of ledgers for a small business I owned, and the NTA has a box of 3 ring binder notebooks, with photocopies of cash. what BS...........

8. RDA

RDA Active Member

YA THINK!!! :D its just about an insult to ones intelligence.. ::) ::)

9. coonhollow

coonhollow Active Member

I have been laughing since I read this. lol They definitely need a IRS audit, railroad compensation audit, and book keeping instruction.lol ;D :D :D :D :D ::) :-*

10. joeym

Guys & Gals:

Cindy's method of filing records is nothing new. The fiscal years of 2008 and 2009 are in these binders. Geesh, the NTA is not BP, there are not that many transactions annually. Each check is photocopied (income and expense), the numbers are in sequence. If a check is voided, there is a copy of it. Credit card income is broken down by type of card (Visa/MC/AMEX). There is a copy of each invoice of all these transactions. Everything for the last two years is in that box. It is open for anyone to go by and see. If you don't believe it, then you don't have to...I'm not gonna twist your arm. I can tell you that these records are much better organized than you can imagine.

11. redwolf

redwolf Active Member

Joey I don't think anyone is saying they don't believe you (we know YOUR honest), they're just thinking you didn't get ALL of the records.
    Even the crazy mob has 2 sets of books. :D I hope that's not the case here though.

12. Exactly!!!!!!!!!!! We know your honest and one of the good guys, we believe you. But you need to believe us that you didn't get ALL the facts!

13. bill@hogheaven

[email protected] New Member

Joey, you are not a trained auditor. I am. You havent seen anything yet or asked the right questions. I have seen good looking records like you have & then asked for the real records. There are no other records til I would tell them that I would assess taxes based on MY estimate & that I always estmate high. Amazing how that would produce information that didnt exist. Im not saying that is the case here, just that a layman cant determine much.

14. Harry Whitehead

Harry Whitehead I love to hunt Buffalos!!!!!

I don't get it. Fred and I ask to see the records of the NTA and get kicked out for life! Joey just happens to go by and all of
    these records are on the table for anyone to look at. Hmmm..... He even gets a photo op with none other than JJ. Who took the pics of Joey looking at the so called books? Looks like it was all set up to me but it doesn't matter. I will get to look at the books sooner or later and we will see how they stack up then.
    Sorry I've been gone for the last 3 weeks but I was in Mozambique shooting Hippos and Lions and Buffaloes. Man what a trip!! Anyway, Fred and I was instructed not to attend the convention anyway due to the upcoming litigation. Things are in the process of being filed and our attendance would just hurt more than help. By the way, who makes photocopy's of cash? All I want to see is a bank statement where it was deposited with a reconciliation and a profit loss supporting the cash and the deposit. Two years worth of books with all of the convention information and contracts and bank statements and receipts and everything is just a few binders???? Come on!!!!!!!

15. Kim Owens

Kim Owens Are we there yet?

I agree Harry. And I don't want to see the 2010 deposit slips- I want to see back several years. And Joey, no offense, but I think everyone that ever had anything to do with Greg and Cindy started out as great friends and along with that, came the trust that other people just had a grudge. It's only after you are in the loop for a year or 2 that you realize things are not as they seemed. Hell, even Harry and Fred wanted to give them the benefit of the doubt.

16. RDA

RDA Active Member

Im NOT against the NTA..I really wish things were different, but they are not...THere is a core problem that has been the same ol since i first joined. And to insult my intelligence by such a transparent post as this thinking that this will some how calm the situation is well,, juvenile at best...

17. Eric E.

Eric E. Member

I am confused as well ???

Why in the world would NTA ban two members (if they did and it certainly sounds that way) or even allow this negative publicity to continue a single day for a request to view and examine what is described as excellent and honest account records?

I mean there is silly then there is silly but if you are honest with nothing to hide then why deny any reasonable request, right? (looking at ALL official records of an organization you contribute to and are a member of is reasonable) NTA should have opened the books for FULL review and been done with this a long long time ago!!!!

Why have a BOD when it seems from reading that the President does what he wants anyways and I always thought a BOD was to delegate task to each board member in their field of expertise and for accountability ???

NTA is an organization made up of individual members, right? Call me stupid but no members no organization, right? So if we agree members make up an organization then don’t they have a right to see where THEIR money is going??????

Hey but that is just my two cents worth............. ;D

18. The Equalizer

The Equalizer New Member

Joey
    You should know by now not to try to defend the NTA on this forum. They will turn everything around to make any NTA member feel small. Look how they attacked the girl from Florida.

19. redwolf

redwolf Active Member

That "girl from Florida" proved she was a true "new member". Can you?
    Or are you just a regular with no guts?

20. joeym

I certainly don't feel small or belittled...I'm like Popeye... I yam what I yam, LOL!