1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

New hope for the NTA

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by finazducks, Jul 18, 2010.

1. finazducks

finazducks EJ is not the only one to have two Wasco Awards

Joel Edwards has once again been given confidence of the members. Joel is the new NTA President as soon as his current resignation expires around the end of September. So come October first we will be back in good hands. Welcome back Joel. I hope you can accomplish at least as much as you did in your first term. Or two thirds term or half term or whatever. I know you nay sayers will say he was unopposed, but that is a legitimate way to win. Boy I bet Steve Wolk feels silly now.

2. RDA

RDA Active Member

hhmmm Why yes I could see that! :D

3. Cole

Cole Amateur Taxidermist

Maybe I'm slow, could someone explain to me the benefit of resigning?

4. finazducks

1. No expenses for the convention
    2. Don't have to organize for the board meeting.
    3. No silly questions to answer
    4. No time away from work
    5. Don't have to write a speech.
    6. Don't have to control unruly boardmembers
    7. Get some relief from the strings someone is always pulling on

See lots of benefits

5. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

Sorry, Tony, as much as I love you, I have to disagree. I fail to see what Joel EVER did for the organization after he was electged to begin with. He went hunting and was incommunicado with his fellow board members up until the Winter Boards and then disappeared again. I PERSONALLY offered him the opportunity of a free audit by Steve Favour in OCTOBER of 2009 and he never acted on even addressing it until the 3 months after the timed offer expired.

Anyone who had enough convictions to resign should at least have the class for removing themselves from further participation during that cycle. He was unopposed and still only managed to get 25% of the vote with only 300 of 1200 ballots being returned. If he couldn't muster the integrity and stamina to work with the last group, why should anyone think he could do any different this time around. He's burned so many bridges, Steve Wolk has little to worry about and certainly has no reason to feel "silly". Steve is still president until October regardless.

6. UHHHH G, I think that Tony's post was ......... Sarcasm.

7. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

I couldn't take the chance some of these people with 1 or 2 posts might have missed it.

8. It seems Tony's sarcasm is never caught. Even by people who claim to know him.

9. finazducks

I guess I'm not very good at it (sarcasm). We both know how little Joel ever did for the NTA. When he was judges chairman and I was competition Chairman He would drop his judges off and check on them about once a day. I was stuck in the room the whole time. I went to the restroom once and heard my name on the intercom to solve a crises. Ross were you being sarcastic? And George, those people with one or two posts have missed a lot.
    Being President is the perfect position for Joel. Where else can you do nothing and take all the credit.

10. RDA

RDA Active Member

I always get his sarcasm.... :D ITs normally brilliant! I have witnessed Tonys prowess at shows many many mny times!

11. finazducks

Thanks Ron, I use gas too.

12. coonhollow

coonhollow Active Member

every time I have seen Tony in person it's easy to catch his sarcasm, but not knowing what his taxinet name was I didn't connect the 2 until I realized who it was. Pretty easy to catch now. lol

13. RDA

RDA Active Member

but of course!

14. Dan Gill

Dan Gill New Member

I think it would be a difficult job for the VP to step up on short notice, and handle an NTA show. Im glad Steve tried.
    Mr, Rogers :)

15. hambone82

hambone82 New Member

NTA just needs a president with catchy phrases like "YES WE CAN!"

16. finazducks

Were you being sarcastic James. I think I get it.

17. hambone82

hambone82 New Member

Oh, I'm sorry I forgot to add the disclaimer.

[​IMG]

18. finazducks

Dan, now seriously How tough could it be seriously?

19. Bill Yox

Bill Yox Well-Known Member

Tony will you please dumb down for us?? ;) :D

20. Nancy C

Nancy C Well-Known Member

The thing with sarcastic wit is that it's like anything else that can have a sharp edge:

If it's TOO sharp you can be cut to the bone and never even feel it!