1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Ohio State WT Deer Champion wins big again.

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by jim tucker, Jul 22, 2010.

1. jim tucker

jim tucker Active Member

2010 Ohio State Champion Brian Knight won National Champion Whitetail at the NTA Convention. He also won the Joseph Bruchac Award. Carey Cochran and Brian Banbury won the Collective Artists Division, McKenzie Taxidermists Choice Bird, and the Tohickon Award of distinction for their Swans.

Congratulations to everyone!

2009 Ohio Champion ,Ed Piaskowski, won the world's last year. Ohio might just be the road to the big time....at least in WT deer ;D

Looks like all those people complaining about Bill Yox's judging were wrong ;) ;D ;D He even got it right without any numbers to add or boxes to check!! :eek: :eek:

PS: No one was complaining about Bill's judging

2. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

Shows alot about Ohio Taxidermists and their association! Hopefully next year I can come up there and learn from the best :)

3. antlerman

antlerman NTA Life Member #0118

There is definitely some great talent over there for sure. Alot of industry leaders.

4. Heath Cline

Heath Cline Well-Known Member

Ohio
    Tucker I see how you are !! ;D I just gone done telling you I was going to post that info. And seeing how I have to work building crates, I didn't get to it yet, you go ahead & post it !! ;D
    What's next, you going to steal my competition mount ideas ?? ;D ;D

But congrats to Brian with his deer. And congrats also to Cary & Nitro with their mounts.

5. I spoke with Brian last night on the phone he is tremendously excited about winning the honer of National Champion. When all the hard work pays off it is definitely a great sense of accomplishment. To all of you who enjoy competing Ohio is a great place to go no matter what level you are at. The masters division has some of the top taxidermists in the country and you will have to earn it if you want to win. The professional division is as difficult to win as some other states master levels. I do believe that if you want to go up against some of the best whitetail guys Ohio has the most difficult whitetail divisions you will find, just short of National, or World levels! I also believe 2011 will be our largest show ever and I am anticipating some strong entries in all categories next spring. If you have never been to our show and you want to see some amazing pieces make sure to attend the event next March! Again congratulations Brian Knight, Cary Cochran, Brian Banbury, and all other award winners with your National success!

6. jim tucker

jim tucker Active Member

You will definately be in the running for State Champion Crate Builder next year.

I won't steal your ideas. Getting me to compete these days would take an act of God. Too many other things I love to do.

CASEY! Good to see you posting.

7. Bill Yox

Bill Yox Well-Known Member

I can vouch for Ohio. Im a NYer by birth with Ohio in my heart. Tuck, did I see his work or meet him at that show this spring, as I truly cant remember. I know that Ohio is a show I want to be involved with every year (hint) even if Im just doing a seminar (hint) and not judging, whatever is needed (hint). Oh and Jim, aint Heath ornery? :p

8. antlerman

antlerman NTA Life Member #0118

You guys even have the lord there.

9. jim tucker

jim tucker Active Member

You Judged the piece he won Nationals with and gave it BOC Masters Division and State Champion Medallion.

Attached Files:

10. jim tucker

jim tucker Active Member

He hasn't been around for many years here. I have been involved on BOD since '83 or so and he has not attended. At least not at Professional Taxidermists of Ohio or the current united Ohio Taxidermists Association. He MIGHT of attended OAT's but I only went there one time. Don't know why though he is welcome to attend.

11. Bill Yox

Bill Yox Well-Known Member

Yes thats right, now I recall. I know by just the pic its a really nice mount. Welcome to the Bruchac club!

12. hambone82

hambone82 New Member

13. Dreamwing

Dreamwing New Member

If you can do well in Ohio, you have a chance any where. Ohio has a lot of talent and a great show/organization. Lots of helpfull people that will push each other. Glad to represent the Buckeye state! can't wait to see you all in 2011!

14. psycho

psycho 2011 WORLD CHAMPIONS!

I loved the show even though they let that Tucker guy run around every where. They should have a tighter leash on that guy..... :p

15. jim tucker

jim tucker Active Member

Hey buddy you are my BEST acquaintance ;D

16. psycho

psycho 2011 WORLD CHAMPIONS!

My wife says Hi. They will be in Gallipolis today until Monday.... LOL ;D