1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

"The Fantastic Mr. Fox!"

Discussion in 'Lifesize Mammals' started by LordRusty, Jul 24, 2010.

1. LordRusty

LordRusty If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

Ohio
    [​IMG]

I nicknamed this big fella ... "Lucky" He came to me after being taken out for killing chickens. That's when his luck ran out!

While he lived, he survived quite a bit. He had severe damage to his left eye, including a tear through his lower lid which ran down the face under the lid, and through the rear corner of the mouth. The eye itself was in bad shape, and he might have been blind in that eye as well. His ears are all nicked and bitten ... very uneven fur on the ear edges.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And finally the "Tour de Force" ... he is missing his left foreleg. Like Jerry Reed sang in his song 'Amos Moses' ♫ "Left arm gone clean up to the elbow!"♫
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Still, all-in-all ... a very handsome fellow! Especially so with those bright white rear stockings!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Hope you all enjoyed meeting "The Fantastic Mr. Fox." I want to thank Mr. Stephen Sexton, of Xenia, Ohio, for allowing me the privilege of mounting this interesting Vulpine character, and letting me put up his photos.

John.

2. juliecolorado

juliecolorado savagetaxidermy.com

Thanks for sharing John, beautiful mount. I love the face. Have a good weekend.

Julie

3. crawdad

crawdad New Member

very nice :)

4. Ted B

Ted B Active Member

Wait a minute John, according to your legions of fans you can't mount anything but squirrels LOL ;)

5. LordRusty

Ohio
    Amazing ... no? ;) LOL!

John.

6. Fox, Squirrel.... I'd b happy if I could mount anything to b lifelike....even a maggot.. I'm still havn a long way :-\

7. MIKEO-PA

MIKEO-PA Mike and Jen Olszanowski, pa

i like the droopie/droopy (sp?) chin/lip skin. thats the best part of a dog to me. it makes them sooo cute.

jen

8. RDA

RDA Well-Known Member

VERY NICE!! ;)

9. great job!

10. james shipman

james shipman New Member

nice

11. heres another cool [​IMG]one john

12. Randy Miller

Randy Miller Active Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Not a fox, but a 3 legger none the less. The client said it was running just fine across the field when he shot it, didn't even know it was missing anything untill he got to it. I'm always amazed at what nature can survive with.

13. LordRusty

Ohio
    Hey Bruce, Nice Fox! Is that a pen raised animal? It's fur is unreal!

Randy ... that's just painful to look at! I mean it's a nice mount ,but the missing limb ... ouch! ;) ;D

Nice work guys.

John.

14. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

Nice John

15. Randy Miller

Randy Miller Active Member

Thank you John. I have no idea if the missing limb is the result of an accident or a congenital defect. The end of the limb had a pad on it and the end of the leg bone was very clean and symetrical in shape. Maybe lost it as a young pup? Really don't know.

16. snowhare

snowhare New Member

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEW THAT HURTS :eek: :eek: :eek:

17. LordRusty

Ohio
    Only if it comes from someone who matters ... ;)

John.

18. John, that is a ranch fox. I bought it from Brian Harness. I killed two of those crosses back in the late 80s on Kodiak Island that looked just like this one. This is the first fox I have ever mounted.Thanks for the compliment. Bruce

19. LordRusty

Ohio
    I know what you are referring to, and you are wrong. Like I said ... it has to come from someone who matters.

John.

20. catman

catman Active Member

C'mon now, everyone matters. Even Cecil.