1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

"The Fantastic Mr. Fox!"

Discussion in 'Lifesize Mammals' started by LordRusty, Jul 24, 2010.

1. bill@hogheaven

[email protected] New Member

Too funny....and correct.

2. Ted B

Ted B Active Member

I think you guys need to give it a rest. I don't care to see that you don't like each other (frankly I don't care why either).

Its funny how some people can post anything on here and people trip over themselves to kiss that persons a$$ while others who do get chastised because you don't like them personally!

3. John the fox is wonderful , awesome story. He was a fighter....

And everyone fights.... If john was on another account and posted his fox and no one knew it was him that posted it everyone would be saying how wonderful it is.

Put a bunch of boys in the same room with high egos and this is what you get. "mines bigger than yours" bs.

4. snowhare

snowhare New Member

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM :eek:

SO WHAT DID I DO HERE REVERING TO WA HIS POST /stay with squirrels ??? ??? ???

WELL WE ALL HAVE OUR RIGHT TO SAY WHAT WE THINK OF , SO MABY WE COULD ALL USE THIS AS A POSITIVE THING , JUST SOME SMALL REMARKS ON THIS FOX , DUS NOT MEAN IT IS totaly BAD, ORE AM I WRONG HERE

A GOOD DERMIST CAN AND MUST HANDLE IT WELL ;D ;D

SNOWY

5. LordRusty

LordRusty If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

Ohio
    Hey, hey, hey, hey ... guys, gals ... I'm good ... we're good. It's cool! No lie ... it's all cool! ;) Whew!

John.

6. Ted B

Ted B Active Member

Snowhare, I'm not saying John can't handle it, I'm saying that IF you have personal issues with someone, don't air them here. All too often people are now using this site to make personal attacks on other members.

I have alot of respect for both WA and John, but posting something along the lines of "stay with squirrels" could be taken as a personal attack on that person.

7. Brian Claar

Brian Claar New Member

John I like the fox, but isn't that one of those Mckenzie rocks that you bitch about all the time. LOL

8. 7-Point

7-Point Active Member

Nice work John

9. snowhare

snowhare New Member

10. LordRusty

LordRusty If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

Ohio
    Brian, I never bitched about the rocks. I bitched about wall habitats for Deer/Gamehead mounts ... I think those are silly looking. I bitched about the pre-made bases ... can't see what the problem is with mixing up a little foam, or mixing up some mache' to cover a base, and putting bits of habitat into it.

That being said, I have used artificial rocks for commercial mounts since they were first introduced by Clearfield Taxidermy Supply and Jonas Brothers Taxidermy Supply, when they were made out of paper and then fiberglass! ;)

"Out of the box" artificial rocks have never looked as nice as those currently being offered by McKenzie. This "Fox Rock" is one of the foam versions ... very lightweight, and highly detailed. The way I make rocks makes them too heavy for a wall, in my opinion, thus I decided to try this one out.

If this was for a floor mount, or pedestal, I would have used wood, ⅛ inch hardware cloth, fiberglass, foam and mache'. This is a real nice looking production rock. I just wish it had more depth, other than that, it is very nice.

On an Argentine Puma wall mount, I used one of the McKenzie's rock sets made from fiberglass. This was before they started offering their large rocks up in foam.
    [​IMG]

I have also ordered and used artificial rocks from Autograph Foliages, and another company who's name escapes me at the moment. I'm not a rock snob, I'll use them when necessary. I am a habitat snob ... I prefer to make my own, and I don't put them behind my Whitetail or Gamehead mounts. I prefer the "Traditional" look of a head mount on a wall, as do my clients ... nice, clean, to the points. ;)

John.

11. Cole

Cole Amateur Taxidermist

[​IMG]

wow