1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

The Week in Fish Pictures" ~Year 4~ Week # 37-38 !!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by Rick Krane, Jul 27, 2010.

1. WNWA

WNWA New Member

great work also timo

2. den007

den007 Active Member

Wacky nice snook Randy........ditto for the woodwork. Do you do that yourself? Timjo......Cuckoo Gill! I take it you paint your own eyes. Those eyes are Hoo Hoo nice, as is your fish. Massive talent!

3. greener

greener New Member

Timjo, your in a clase of your own when it comes to the panfish. That thing is unbalievable.... Dan I love that fish and base work. Great job to all!!!

4. DanB

DanB New Member

Nice gill timjo, That higher gloss really sets that fish off. Dougp you are the master of skin mounts and reverse curves. Josh, hope all is well with your shop, that display took some TIME. Den, Perca is right that is some nice silverish tipping goin on there. DAVE CAMPBELL YOU ARE AN ABSOLUTE FREAKKKKKK........... in a good way. I could go on and on about everyones fish but gotta go I have piles of fish to paint. :D

5. DanB

DanB New Member

Oh I struggle with the wood panel base work. I was inspired by some of G. Bruch's base work and tried to do something similiar awhile back. Now these things sell like hotcakes............got any syrup, HA HA

6. Clete

Clete The A-10. My kind of warthog

Great week of pictures everyone! Josh, that is an awesome display!

7. hambone

hambone Active Member

DanB I fish snook in florida and I just want to let you know you really nailed that linesider, I see quite a few skin mounts in Fla. that look good and I"m tempted to try one, Timjo I"m curious to see how your gonna top that one.

8. Truely an exceptional week in TWIFP !
    ...So many highly detailed fish...Great work from ALL !
    I had a fantastic day of Perch fishing this spring, 1st week in June, on Lake Erie, Jumbo's, a limit for me and my fishing buddy.
    I custom molded this 12" perch and completed it yesterday...

Attached Files:

9. Close up of the head...I will also mention that this blank is for sale on my web site..Extreme eye set, custom painted lens.

Attached Files:

10. 7-Point

7-Point Active Member

awesome mount Dondi

11. Soooooo many cool fish this week! Love the snook nice details! Timjo gorgeous gill, Dondi love the presentation on the perch! The age of the closed mouth fish is finally upon us!!!
    Mike.

12. WNWA

WNWA New Member

dondi great looking perch, the base work is great also

13. Jason S

Jason S New Member

beautiful fish guys!!!
    up trapper, nice job! I like your gills with sculpted worm.
    Josh k, sorry to hear about your water issues. love the loaches!
    Den 007, killer laker!
    Manny that's a great looking crappie!
    Timjo, Dan b, Dave, How do you get those fish to stay still for there photographs! :)

Everyone's work is awesome! Here is a skin mount largie.

Attached Files:

14. 7-Point

7-Point Active Member

Beautiful bass Jason. Here is my first skin mount LM Bass. He's only 14 inches so I tried to paint it like a 14 incher; he gave me a fit.

Attached Files:

15. cremmick

cremmick New Member

Great fish everyone! Your artistry with your paint jobs never cease to amaze me. I can only hope to be a fraction of that good someday.

16. Skua

Skua Member

My attempt on a fish, I hope to do this more and to get better with it! :-\ ;D

Attached Files:

17. duxdog

duxdog Active Member

Just got this Steelie done. 16.5 lb female replica. Blank is from Rich Benidict at Angling Artisans. LOL, I always seem to be late to the party posting each week.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. Peter Span

Peter Span Corvids, gotta catch them all!

Me likes them ide, hope to make one myself one day ;D

19. curtisholson

curtisholson New Member

Wow! very nice work everyone, just finished this 32" Steelhead.

[​IMG]