1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

andy27 :Stay away from bad dealings

Discussion in 'For Sale' started by Tmbrwlf52, Jul 29, 2010.

1. Tmbrwlf52

Tmbrwlf52 Member

Long story short. He was looking for wholesale fish work and I was willing and wanting to deal with him. Sent him fish and Money Order back In Feb for $130. Cashed Money Order rite away and he has made several promise dates to get back to me.Over last 7 weeks has not returned any calls or emails. I know he has ad some medical issues and I have worked with him some on it but I can only deal and take so much crap from this. Between getting stiffed from ajwoodman and now andy27 i have had enough of getting it up the butt already.

2. hodx

hodx Herman Darr

that sucks....getting to wonder if its worth the risk to buy anything on here.....its got to be a better way to do business....what kills me is that you sent fish and a money order....so much for trust

3. copper

copper Active Member

hey timberwolf52,I bought some books from him,check cleared and took about 6 weeks to get books,but i did get them. i talked w/andy, and hes having some issues with ptsd from being in Iraq, maybe try calling, he has a cell, i got it from someone here

4. Tmbrwlf52

Tmbrwlf52 Member

Yes I know about it and like I said I have tried to work things out with him several times. All came with promise dates and last one was about 6 weeks ago when he told me fish was done except for painting inside of mouth. He said he would finish and get to me in a few days, that was again 6 weeks ago. I had even told him not to worry about finishing it and just get it to me and I would do it. I have called his cell and left at least 4-5 msgs over last few weeks and he has never called back or written me. As stated originally this is since Feb. enough is enough.

5. remi609

remi609 Member

These flipping butt muds, are getting to me. There are so many people on here that a hand shake or internet handshake you have a pleasant expierence on a deal and a friendship for life. Don't give up on this site. Great people here.

6. finfeathr

finfeathr Member

He stiffed me out of reimbursement for shipping a gifted goose...same story...ignores most emails and pm's...then promises the payment, and nada...

Having a hard time in the military is no excuse..my nephew did 3 tours in Iraq, and 1 in Afghanistan..he just left Wednesday for another tour in Afghanistan....he hasn't stiffed anyone he owed money to....and he has some scary stories to tell about his time in both countries too.

7. copper

copper Active Member

unfortunately finfeather, not all people are the same. what sets you off I may laugh at and vise versa. some people have a strong psychlogical profile and a stressful situation can cause all hell to break loose. Taking someones life may be easy during a battle,but when one has time to think on it he may feel that his spirit/soul has been jeopardized. unless you have walked the walk,dont talk the talk,fighting for your freedom is what has caused these issues with andy 27,might want to thank him instead of trying to belittle him, and comparing him to your nephew is like comparing apples to oranges,why waste your time

8. finfeathr

finfeathr Member

Not comparing him at all, just using it as a reference..being in the military is not an excuse to avoid those you owe money to...
    The thread was about calling Andy27 out as someone who doesn't deliver on this site..it was a warning from another member, I just wholeheartedly agree.
    If someone has issues or problems, they should be conveyed to other parties involved, but it certainly does not exonerate them from said debt.
    Most of the problem stems from not only being stiffed, but also a comlete lack of responsibility and ethics..if you are broke, going in the hospital,whatever, etc...,it is your responsibility to convey those intentions.
    Ignoring people you owe money to is just plain wrong, no matter how you slice it. Unfortunately, it seems to be an ever increasing problem on here.
    It's simple: If you don't have $$ to pay for whatever item is for sale, don't offer to buy it. If some extenuating circumstance occurs during the sale process that precludes you from completing the transaction, call or email the seller, so they know the score.
    You can't have the goodies, not pay for them, ignore or refuse correspondence, and expect the ones you beat to just move on...
    If you beat someone out of money, goods or services on here, you deserve a bad dealings post, so that others may be spared the hardship of being swindled as well..

9. Tmbrwlf52

Tmbrwlf52 Member

I offered every option I could with him to clear this up and to work it out. Asked for fish and Money to be sent back if he felt he could not do it, Asked for fish back the way it was and I would complete, without any money reimbursement for it. These and other options to work it out where given to him and each time I was given promised dates that I would get it , at least 5 or 6 of them. None ever kept obviously and after this last date promised and no return on phone calls I give up. He made promises and commitments on several dates but never came through. All options benefitted him to just get it back to me without any recourse and he chooses to ignore me and do nothing.

I have always wanted to help out newer guys because I know it is hard to get up and running in a business, just as I am with Taxidermy. The regulars here have been truly great to deal with and I will continue to do so as I can. The sad part for me is that it will be hard for me to ever trust and deal with newer people in here to help them out in some small way and deal with them to get their name out as a good dealing businessman. I am out a few hundred dollars now and have nothing to show from it for such dealings with newer guys like andy27 & ajwoodman.

10. Agreed. I function day to day just like millions of others. No excuse.

Yeah we all tend to procrastinate, and forget important things here and there, but once again.........no excuses.

11. copper

copper Active Member

I had a dealing with him,paid for stuff, didnt get it for weeks, I called, callled and called, no contact, took it as a lesson in life, several weeks later, heres the stuff on my door. finally got a hold of him, he had been in hospital, mental health, no phones, he apoligized. I f you want to call him out, have at it. I figured if I lost 100.00, he probably needed it more than me to begin with. he came through for me, with what he's seen and been through, dont be surprised if your stuff shows up unannounced, oh, and make sure you get on here and tear him a new ass for it being so late again. The guys willing to fight and die for you in our military, would you die for him. Have a heart.

12. Tmbrwlf52

Tmbrwlf52 Member

"Have a heart" you say are you kidding me , don't even go there. You have no clue to what my situations are and what my past was like and for you to say that is Bogus to say the least.
    He came in here as a Business man looking for work and extra income and I was willing to give him a shot. It was also that he was a Vet that I gave him a shot at being my full time wholesaler for doing my fish and wantng him to succeed and excel. I respect , admire and support all military folks now and from years gone by to the fullest, more so than any other people that I have dealt with in my life. So don't you dare come in here and say" Have a Heart" you don't have a clue as to what you are saying.

13. redwolf

redwolf Active Member

If someone say's they will have a job done in a few days, it should be done in a few days, not months. I understand he's sick, but if he can't do as he says he will, he shouldn't do it in the first place.
    I have a heart, but it only bleeds so much, especially when customer are calling wanting to know it's taking so long to get their mounts.
    Thanks for the heads up Tmbrwlf52.

14. finfeathr

finfeathr Member

Let me get you to see this our way...
    I read your other post about the shoddy construction causing leaking and damage to your home. I think it absolutely sucks that you have to go through that situation. I also believe the insurance company is passing the buck and utilizing a loophole so as not to pay out on your claim. You pay them every year, and when something happens, the first thing they do is look for a way out..that is just plain wrong.
    You say the contractor went belly up, and you cannot get any recourse there...let me put a spin on this, just to get your opinion...
    If your contractor skipped out and caused you all of this aggravation that you are ultimately left holding the bag for, and you found out that he had previously been in the military, and claimed to be affected by PTSD,....
    Would you still want to kick his ass? Or would you let bygones be bygones, eat all the costs associated with the workmanship, chalk it up to a rough spell he is having, and worse yet...reccomend him to others, since it is the right thing to do, since he is a veteran?
    You see, being a vet does not give you carte-blanche to do whatever you feel like, not return calls, take off with funds,etc....
    Bottom line: No one should do business with him, he is horrible at it. I am glad your dealing eventually worked out, some others, well, not so much....
    Again, sorry to drag your other post into it, I was just trying to make a point...and I sincerely hope that situation gets worked out satisfactorily and quickly for you and your family.

15. Mirror Image

Mirror Image Member

West
    Everytime someone doesn't come through its because they were in the hospital, there going through a divorce or there dog died.

16. Smeja

Smeja New Member

i just dont see what someone being in the military or going to iraq has to do with anything, its clearly bad dealings. Lots of us have been to iraq and dont ever talk about it. ever. thats not a get out of jail free card or an excuse to rip people off or be a bad seller or an extremely slow shipper or not return phone calls for months on end. what does iraq have to do with the fish thats being mounted, how does that even come up....

17. Patrick J

Patrick J You've got me mistaken for someone else

Thank you!!
    This has nothing to do with being in the military but it looks to be that we are going to ok that excuse as a cop out for poor business skills. The man owes money....PERIOD! If he stole your friggin car and crashed it into a tree would you still so "oh that's ok, he served our country"?
    I had a good experience selling to this guy but now I sit back and wonder if the money I got is the money the rest of you are out

Step 1 to better business skills........Don't envolve yourself in business practices until you have the time to do so.

Step 2 to better business practices.......Don't envolve yourself in a purchase unless you have the money

Step 3 to better business skills........Don't sell something unless you have the time and money set aside to ship the item

Step 4 to better business skills......Don't write checks your arse can't cash!!

Looks like he violated all better business skills steps to me

18. proof

proof New Member

Question. Is this guy still in the service? If he is you can find out what branch and where he is stationed. Then get ahold of his commanding officer or first shirt and get your money back. Just a thought.

19. hounddoggy

hounddoggy Member

SICK SCHMICK!!!!! PTSD DIDNT SEEM TO KEEP HIM FROM CASHING THE MONEY ORDERS!!