1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

NCTA 2010 was a BLAST!!

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by vadeerhunter, Aug 4, 2010.

1. vadeerhunter

vadeerhunter New Member

I would like to just say THANK YOU to everyone who was involved for putting on such a great show!!! This was my first show and I cannot imagine another show being any better than this one. I would also like to say THANK YOU to Bryan and Melissa Stillwell for their great generosity. Last but not least a big THANK YOU to Mac and Audrey Mclane for allowing someone they had never met to come into their shop and learn. THANKS AGAIN!!!!!

2. It was nice meeting you we hope to see you again next year.

3. vadeerhunter

vadeerhunter New Member

Keith it was a pleasure meeting you and your family. Cant wait to try your form and I will send you some pics soon. Thanks Again.

4. Kittrell Hill

Kittrell Hill 9 Beard Merriam 2008 Meade Co SD

Kevin was really great to meet you this year I guess you figured out there is alot of fun to be had at our show and I can promise you you hang around long enough you will learn alot and better yet you better get some thick skin because one day it will be you I'm posting a video of ;D

5. Kevin,
    Your desire to learn and your application of what you learned was reflected by the 2nd you took in Amateur, with only the 2nd deer you ever mounted. (But lets face it Aud and I know the only real reason you come out to the house is the Sourdough pancakes that Aud makes, the taxidermy is just secondary! :D) Passing along the knowledge so many other people have provided me helps give back to the industry. We both have much to learn but now you know why I like to attend the shows so much ;D. It is education that makes our industry better and conventions like this one are one of the best avenues next to one on one in the shop! We were glad you could come and hope you can make the World Show next year!
    Start gettin your ideas together for a collective artists piece!!

Mac

6. stuffr2

stuffr2 Member

Kevin- The fact that I get to work with some of God's most beautiful creations each day is enough. When I get to meet someone new to the industry,such as yourself, It makes it even more worthwhile. Welcome to the industry. There's a reason the NCTA has so many world, north american, national and state champions, we work together helping each other. You can call on most any of us at any time if you have a question and we'll do our very best to help you.

7. L-1

L-1 New Member

Brian you hit the nail on the head, everyone I met there was world class. I never once felt as if I was an outsider. Thanks to all for a great show.

8. Kittrell Hill

Kittrell Hill 9 Beard Merriam 2008 Meade Co SD

All jokes a side This was by far the funnest show I have ever been to. ;) All the new guys now know what could happen to them in a few more years as everybody gets to know them better ;D

9. vadeerhunter

vadeerhunter New Member

L-1 - That is so correct about these guys...I was telling someone the other day that it is not everywhere where you can walk in a room full of people you do not know and in no time at all feel as though you are in a room with a bunch of old friends. I have to admit I was a bit nervous in the beginning not knowing what to expect, but that feeling didn't last very long. Everyone was very welcoming and each and every one of these guys are top notch in my book!!

10. L-1

L-1 New Member

Kevin we must of been wearing the same shoes, cause I felt that way. I was glad to meet you and Mac and now I hope NCTA will support the UTA. Are and Mac going to the Richmond show?

11. vadeerhunter

vadeerhunter New Member

Unfortunately I will not be there. I am heading back down to NC for the weekend judging a coyote hunt. I hope you guys have a good time.
    I am not sure about Mac.

12. ElkinsTaxidermy

ElkinsTaxidermy www.ronelkinstaxidermy.com

Kevin, being an out of stater too, I felt the same way on my first visit to NC. Like you said, the nervous feeling didn't last long! They're all my friends now. Anyone that doesn't go to this show is really missing out on a great show and a greater group of people! Nice talking to you this past weekend!

13. Kevin,

Well, everyone else has pretty much summed it up for me but I'll say it anyway....it was great meeting you and I'm so glad you enjoyed our show!!! I may be a little biased ;D but I think the NCTA has the greatest group of taxidermist of all!! Not only are the taxidermy skills absolutely unbelievable, they are all really, really nice guys/gals who will do anything they possibly can for you!!

We do hope that you come to our show next year!!! And, don't forget the invite to our house ;D ;D ;D The grill is always hot!!!!!

14. stuffr2

stuffr2 Member

Ron- Why don't you just pack up the family and move down here! In only a little over a year we've gpt you sippin' on our "kool aid" and we gave you (you earned it) a lot of our money. Sounds to me like you just need a place to crash. "Out of stater" taxidermists are always welcome here! Hope to see y'all sooner than later.

15. ElkinsTaxidermy

Bryan,that could possibly be arranged! My youngest is a junior in HS this year. Don't want to move him. After that.....who knows?! My wife likes the beach and saltwater fishing. NC is a lot closer to both than Ohio is! I work with Phil Helms a few times a year normally anyway! I'll be talkin to ya about it!

16. Moderator! Moderator, we need this post deleted. We already see this guy enough. I'm still not even sure that thing he brought is technically a bird.

Actually, Ron's a pretty good guy & we like giving him a hard time. He is pretty close to an official North Carolinian at this point.

17. L-1

L-1 New Member

Ron you have my vote on moving down here as long as I can come and learn how to mount a turkey like you and Bryan.LOL!!

18. vadeerhunter

vadeerhunter New Member

X2 ;D

19. X3! ;D Sounds like turkeypalooza to me! :D LOL

20. ElkinsTaxidermy

An announcement will be forthcoming about a "Turkeypalooza" type event.......with MUCH bigger names than mine!! Stay tuned!!