1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Chevy add pop ups

Discussion in 'Forum Operations' started by sportinglife, Aug 5, 2010.

1. What is the deal with the pop up adds at the bottom of the screen. Been getting them every time I come to taxi.net the last 2 days. They are very annoying and I can't get rid of them, so I leave sooner than I would like to.

2. Uncle Harley

Uncle Harley New Member

I dunno but the damn things are getting around my pop up blocker!

3. BVanKirk

BVanKirk package deal

yeah they were annoying me until i just clicked the x to make it die... it hasnt showed up since

4. bw

bw New Member

John Deere too. I keep closing them....but they keep coming back.

5. shammy

shammy New Member

I hate them also.

6. AFWS

AFWS The lost Robertson

getting old here :mad:

7. backcountrychad

backcountrychad Active Member

x2

8. redwolf

redwolf Active Member

Same here. Some just have small pop ups, but there's one that takes up the entire screen.
    I realize they (advertisements) are needed to keep taxi net up and running but the one that takes up the whole page makes it so I have to go to my bookmarks and re-open taxi net. :-\

9. Marc A

Marc A Beaver Creek Taxidermy

I'm not gettin any. :)

10. Click on them. They help with the cost of running this site, when you click on them.

11. Nancy C

Nancy C Well-Known Member

I hate them, but they go away (temporarily) when I click on the X.

And now, a word from our sponsors ....

12. Hey i was going to make the same post till i saw yours, Its starting to tic me off! i cant get rid of the dang thing, its getting by my pop up blocker and it wont let me click off of it and it shows up everytime i get on here!!!!! maybe there paying to advertise here i duno, but i wouldnt buy one now just for the agravation of the its giving me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13. Agreed

14. Taxi Artist

Taxi Artist Member

x2 on the annoying aspect!

15. bw

bw New Member

Don't know if it has anything to do with it. But in the last few days that I've been getting these pops, my anti virus has been going nuts getting rid of tracking cookies. Both things started about the same time.

16. redwolf

redwolf Active Member

I keep getting these too. :'(

Attached Files:

17. coonhollow

coonhollow Active Member

Definitely annoying, if I go to a dealership and have a salesman bugging me after I tell them I'm just looking I leave and go elsewhere. Anything to do with auto sales is annoying I wont open it but at least they help support the site!

18. AFWS

AFWS The lost Robertson

I got some other pop up other than the chevy one last night :-\ ??? all I know is after you X it the first thing in the morning, it doesn't show up for the rest of the day(until the next morning,LOL ).

19. bw

bw New Member

Wish I could say the same thing. I close it, and it's back in a few minutes. And it continues that way every time I log on through out the day.

20. freeze_1

freeze_1 Booboo, my business manager

Once is to much, but over and over? That's it, I'm not buying Chevy or John Deer ever again.