1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Bear Essentials Tanning Supply- New Prices Up

Discussion in 'Tanning' started by Rhino, Aug 8, 2010.

1. Rhino

Rhino Too many irons in the fire will put the fire out!

Many folks have been asking when I am going to sell products in smaller quanities. As of August 16th, I am doing just that. Gallons, 1/2 gal, quarts, of most products. Pints of a couple.

Prices of these items can be found on my website.

The paint-ons can be found under the TAN categorie, called Tru-Bond 1000, and Tru-bond 1000B. Under the Acid/contact categorie, you will find a new product, called Noharm pickling acid, also.

Thats all I have to say. Thanks for your time!

2. pepinho

pepinho Member

SPAIN
    shipping international?

3. coonhollow

coonhollow Active Member

Awesome Aubrey.. thanks for the update.

4. antlerman

antlerman NTA Life Member #0118

I sure am glad to see your products in small quantities. I think you have hit a home run here Aubrey. Anyone who has tried these products could you post a comment about your results here for the rest of us to see, Please.

5. Way to go Aubrey. I likes what I sees.

6. sid

sid New Member

WJAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE PERMA 500 AND THE TRU TAN?

7. gunner62

gunner62 Gunners Buckhorn Taxidermy

W.I.
    Antlerman :)

I've tried Aubrey cape tan on Whitetail deer, Mule deer, Elk, Bears, Raccoons, Fishers, Coyotes, Bobcats. I've used the back hide tan on Whitetail hides, Elk hides, Bear rugs, Bobcat rugs and Coyote rugs, and I can only say good things about his products. The cape tan produces great stretch, it's a nice sewing leather to work with. The back hide tan is unreal!!! little or no breaking required and excellent results every time. I have experienced zero hair slippage or any epidermal skin problems with any of these products. If you do your own tanning and go with the 5 gallon approach you'll find nothing more reasonably priced than Aubreys products. His new degreaser is also a GREAT product you will need half as much to do the same job.

8. antlerman

Thanks gunner. It sounds like he's onto something good here. I'm hoping we can all get behind him and help him promote his stuff. Anybody else got any testimonials to share??

9. bill@hogheaven

[email protected] New Member

I am impressed with the fact there is virtually NO SHRINKAGE. We are going to switch over to Aubreys products exclusively.

10. paul e

paul e New Member

same here
    near zero shrinkage
    very little adjustments needed after mounting
    the least of any product ive used
    fantastic rub on tan for mounts

11. bluetaxi69

bluetaxi69 New Member

looking forward giving these products a try.

12. sarahdj

sarahdj Active Member

I'm planning on giving it a shot! Thanks so much for offering the smaller quanitites!

13. Antlerman, I have used the paint on for the whitetail wet tans and it works well. I will recommend his product. I don't use it exclusively like Bill, but I do intend to keep the product around for quick orders.m
    I am also planning to try his degreasers and acids.

14. antlerman

Thanks for the testimonials everyone. I would like to see them continue as others use Aubrey's products. Lets get behind him. We all know how hard it is to get a new product out there. What Aubrey has done is nothing short of bringing us a quality product that will help us keep dollars in our pockets. Advertising is expensive. Us banning together to help him advertise will help in continuing to keep the cost down for all of us and that is what his mission goal is, so lets help him achieve that.

15. freeze_1

freeze_1 Booboo, my business manager

Is a pickle soak required prior to using the brush on tans?

16. Yes it is.

17. You have to rehydrate, pickle, and neutralize before you paint on the tan.

Folks, Aubrey has some really good stuff and it is affordable for the home tanner that is trying to keep the costs down. I will always recommend sending out to a tannery for the taxidermist with the large client base, but even that type of taxidermist can use his tanning chemicals for a pinch. Competition pieces, quick turnaround rush pieces for that very impatient client, etc. can all be done in house with Aubrey's tanning chemicals and you can rely on getting a well preserved piece from it.

Win, Win for everyone!

18. trappersteph

trappersteph now you can have it...

Is the backhide formula good for dry tan that you later soak up for mounting?

19. Rhino

Rhino Too many irons in the fire will put the fire out!

No, the BH formula will have less stretch.

Use the cape formula, and let it completely dry, stretching as it drys, if you want a drytan. Throw it on a shelf or whatever till you are ready to soak up.

20. Uncle Harley

Uncle Harley New Member

sweet! how many back hides can you get out of a pint?