1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

The next generation of mayhem

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by catman, Aug 9, 2010.

1. catman

catman Active Member

This is part of new litter I got pictures of right behind my house.Less than two miles from the middle school. They are the pruduct of a big gray male and a black female. I have a lot of pictures of wolves within walking distance of my house. At some point the dam is going to break.

Attached Files:

2. RDA

RDA Active Member

Nice Phil~~~ click KABOOOM!

3. catman

catman Active Member

Here is what an $8,000.00 bobcat dog looks like. At least this is what it cost me to rebuild her. Are you guys aware that wolves have killed 19 dogs this year in Wisconsin, half were pets, the rest hounds. This is according to Wis.DNR website.

Attached Files:

4. RDA

RDA Active Member

dang Phil....Glad to know she survived.! Hope the same can not be said of the attackers... It will probably take some heinous attack against some child somewhere to turn this around, and sadly it probably will happen.

5. catman

catman Active Member

This is a picture of her second surgery at WSU vet hospital.

Attached Files:

6. James Parrish

James Parrish Tundra Swan...Its What's For Dinner!

The USFWS re-introduced red wolves in eastern NC. They "relaxed" the rules so that you can shoot them if they are attacking a pet or livestock....but there must be evidence of a freshly wounded pet/livestock when the USFWS comes to investigate. I'm sure quite a few of them have been victims of S S S.

7. RDA

RDA Active Member

yeeeezzz One tough Girl! A prime example of the GUBBMENT sticking their nose where they have NO business being....This has been a circle jerk from the start.. Gee lets get rid of the wolves the bring them back so we can hunt them -- then we shall protect them once they get to an unmanagable state....Pretty much the same philosophy with the budget.... ::)

8. catman

catman Active Member

SSS will not work where I live. It is thick timber and the wolves here are ghosts. Think about the bush in Canada, could you control wolves by only shooting them? No way. No closed season, no bag limits, tapping, baiting, electronic calls may keep them in check. Think about all the nasty things that were done in the past to beat them back. It took 100 years, that's with poison.

9. RDA

RDA Active Member

a small helicopter could do some work!

10. coonhollow

coonhollow Active Member

why not just poison them with bait. you will lose other critters but deal with them like rats

11. SCT

SCT New Member

I'm sorry to hear about your frustrations Phil. It comes down to ignorance, apathy, and carelessness. Once a school child is attacked and killed something will be done, but sadly that's what it takes. Once wolves are seen here in UT they don't seem to last very long. I can see the problems with heavy timber though. I would be afraid to hunt with an archery tag there.

Good luck, Steve

12. cattrax

cattrax Beats being in the shop!

I'm afraid that won't matter Steve. This "next generation" as Phil puts it will choose the wolf over the kids. Our salvation here in Eastern Montana is not only open country but alot of private land. The tolerance for wolves and environmentalists is about equal.

13. Huntress

Huntress Member

I fear that number is just the tip of the iceburg. "19" is just the number confirmed....how many are unconfirmed? How many dogs have just disappeared? ...I know of 13 dogs, with no history of straying from the yard/farm, that have vanished. I also know of 1 wolf killed dog that was not reported....how many more might there be?

This is going to be a long hard battle made even harder by the 'bambi' mentality that is growing every day. Did you guys see the report on the people with the wolf/dog hybrids living in town? They are NOT wolves but the woman made some comment like 'if you spent a day with our pack you would get to know and love wolves too'. The worst part of it is that they are trying to get their own reality show....'A wolf in the house'. :(

14. catman

catman Active Member

Here is what this little redtick could do before the attack.

Attached Files:

15. catman

catman Active Member

Right near town, one looks to be quite defiant. Don't you think?

Attached Files:

16. Wayne R

Wayne R NRA and B&C Life Member

Phil, I hope your dog will be OK. What a shame this has to happen in the first place. I would think by now lots of Vets have had to deal with wolf related injuries, and that alone if enough information could be gathered should carry some weight to help get this under control. I just don't get it, that these so called animal lovers have no heart at all when comes to the reality of what wolves can and will do to other creatures. I guess they really don't care about the other wildlife and domestic animals, only the wolves.

17. Old Fart

Old Fart Active Member

I don't know this personally, but I've been told that a gut shot wolf will go a long ways before it tips over.

18. Its a shame really that nothing is going to be done until a small child is dragged off or mauled by one before they even call a season. While I don't have wolves in my states, the coyotes do a great job is attack people and pets. And I do agree that while you say there was 19 confirm attacks on dogs, there's probably a good 50+ that isn't confirmed or that the animal simply "disappeared".

I'm happy at least you were able to save your dog, must have taken a lot, but its worth it if your trying to saving a family pet or hunting dog.

And lastly I agree that today's generation (my generation to say the least), is all about not shoot the wolves because "they are SO special and majestic!" Unfortunately that is the mind set of today's kids and teenagers, all believe that a wolf is like a god to them and that have a wolf/dog hybrid is the new cool thing. All they care about is the Gray Wolf and not other animals like all the Tiger Subspecies, the Black Footed Ferret,a dn the Amur Leopard that need more help than these mutts. As long as a wolf is attacking livestock, it becomes a danger, because once they know we can't hunt them, they are going to get bold and start going after people. The feds are going to realize very soon it was a bad idea to stop the hunts. I love animals as much as the next person, but I know when they need to be controlled too.

19. catman

catman Active Member

Another picture of Penny. This time she appears to be giving the Catman a kiss.

Attached Files:

20. RDA

RDA Active Member

h0ws she doin Phil?