1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

I need a huge striper replica form

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by Taxidermyvik, Aug 10, 2010.

1. Does anyone know where I can get a replica form for a striped bass nose to tail 40" long and a girth of 27"? I don't need it painted. If anyone can help me on where to start that would be great. Thanks Vikki

2. hodx

hodx Herman Darr

http://secure.yisi.net/mcginnity/shop/category.asp?catid=178

3. Did you check Lake country?

4. I read that as stripper replica. . . :-X

5. Tyler M

Tyler M New Member

Huge??? ???

6. FishWorks

FishWorks New Member

if you can't find what you are looking for, I can help you out

Attached Files:

7. 40" Us New Engenders... throw those guppy's back in the water... those are just baby pj's bottom, not no 50plus lbs corkers. I know people bash Archie philips ... BUT .... I got a real nice blank from them good price to. the mouth was not over emphasized like on some stripers. gl- and go easy on the brown/black strips.. also lake country is solid...

8. Thanks Guys. Rhasputin that is too funny. I looked at both suggested. The stripers that we have here are fresh water and a 46 lb. nose to tail is on the huge size for us. But now looking at Mcginnity I see there is a lot bigger. We (at Lake Mead in Las Vegas, NV) have had some caught bigger but not very often. Are the New Englanders Bass Salt Water? And are they bigger? I know that there colors are a little different then here. I have had one painted (replica) from, I think it was Grey's Reef not sure though it has been a long time, the east and the colors where way dark and not as silver and paynes gray.
    But once again thanks.
    Vikki

9. 7-Point

7-Point Active Member

I'm with you classic tails, those are small! Lol jk. Here we have saltwater stripers that get over 50 inches, stripers from the bay that can do the same, and freshwater stripers that get areound 45 to 50 inches. Can you tell we like stripers here? haha. Nice looking mounts Fish Works. I hope you find what you're looking for there Taxidermyvik.

10. Ayah There Salt Water, but they come up into the fresh water rivers and back out to sea. I'm just joking with yeah on sizes.. but when a saw "HUGE STRIPER REPLICA FORM NEEDED" I got excited and thought someone caught them selves a WHOPP---ERR.
    Good luck. As far a color we got some great silver sides to silver gray.. the tops on the strippers here range from green gold to green chocolate brown. All this talk makes we want go to the shore .... GL- Happy Painting.

11. Thanks again guys

12. 7-Point

7-Point Active Member

Well thats just a baby! jk. nice fish