1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Advise on what is a good Air Brush for beginners

Discussion in 'Beginners' started by Prodigal_Son, Aug 13, 2010.

1. I am looking for info on Air Brushes. What if any, would be a good system to learn on. I am also looking for recomendations on video's that teach air brushing.

R/

JW

2. antlerman

antlerman NTA Life Member #0118

I use an Iwata but I hear good things about the new badgers for a lot less money. There is no such thing as a beginners brush in my opinion. One must have quality tools regardless of you experience level.

3. Todd B

Todd B Active Member

I would not just look at an airbrush for beginners. I would look at the purchase of an airbrush as an investment. So I would get the best one for the job at the price you can afford. I have used all kinds, and have had good luck with all of them. I started with a Paasche VL, then I bought a Vega 2000, an Iwata HP BC and now I mainly use the Badger Velocity. At the price the Badger hands down would be my choice. Go to this website: http://www.innate.com/Tools/Badger/Badger.htm
    they are selling the Badgers for less than $80.00 for an introductory price.

do yourself a favor and learn on a double action airbrush. You will be better off in the long run.

Todd B

4. Thanks all...

5. I've had a few different types over the years. They all worked great....when they were WORKING. Some took a LOT more maintenance than others. I came back to the plain old Badger single action. It doesn't clog nearly as often as the internal/double action ones, since the mixing is done externally. Fewer parts equals fewer problems, at least for me. It breaks down easily for cleaning, too.

Few things in taxidermy are more frustating to me than to fight with an airbrush!!!

6. antlerman

antlerman NTA Life Member #0118

Take care of your equipment and your equipment will take care of you.

7. Yes, you take care of them, they'll take care of you. But some are a lot higher maintenance than others...and I hate to clean any more than I have to. LOL! =)

8. hodx

hodx Herman Darr

ditto on the badger