1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Wet vs Dry GSTA 2010

Discussion in 'Tanning' started by LAM, Aug 16, 2010.

1. LAM

LAM Semper Fidelis, Served with pride. USMC

Dear Taxidermist:

We at Global thank you for all your support and the opportunity to make new friends. We are a full service tannery serving all of your tanning needs, utilizing our state of the art process at reasonable prices.
    As we come to the close of the 2009 season and prepare for the 2010 winter season, we are excited with the many success and milestones we have accomplishments over the past year.
    Our many thanks to John Bollman, President of the Garden State Taxidermist Association, and it members for their continued support. Recently we had the opportunity to provide the membership with a seminar on WET TAN vs DRY TAN at their 2010 Convention in New Jersey. We will be holding a few more clinics this year on in-house tanning and the building of the equipment in our studio in New York. In 2011 we will be at the Vermont convention holding a seminar on this subject, hope to see you there.

Congratulations to the many members that took home prizes and thanks to those who took the time to participate in the seminar. Everyone got a chance to add to the discussion.
    I have highlighted some of the most asked questions and or challenges one will have with the wet cape .

No re-hydration required
    Wet skin is more manageable mounting is fast and turnaround saves you money$$$
    Original measurements and some, with a tighter fit on the form when dried

Mind you, some results will vary and no two mounts are the same. Over all participants enjoyed the opportunity to see our samples and took home some new knowledge on the process.

Please feel free to ask questions on this topic as many veteran Taxidermist have diffrent experiences with this type of work.

Good luck and best wishes,

Lewis Morales USMC
    President, Global Tanning Inc.
    30 Remington Blvd. Ronkonkoma, NY 11779
    631-648-9470

2. Great job!

I got the T-shirt and the wine....excellent! I am sending up a jar of BBQ sauce and a Noble grape for you to try. Been very busy these last few weeks!

Thanks,
    David

3. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

Lewis, I would hope that "USMC" in your signature means something other than an inference of the Marine Corps. The UCMJ is pretty explicit on using ones military position in civilian commercial dealings.

4. LAM

LAM Semper Fidelis, Served with pride. USMC

United State Misguided Children LOL
    Proud to serve our country USMC 1977-1984 and and proud to serve the Taxidermy industry

LAM
    "if the truth offends you, then by all means avoid it"

5. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

I spent 30 years in the Air Force and was an "old corps" type guy that no longer exists in the Zipper Suited Sun God Service. I figured (obviously incorrectly) that USMC guys were stickler for rules like I was. My "offical signature is:
    CMSgt George S. Roof, USAF (Ret)

But I don't use it as it impresses no one anyway.

6. eb226

eb226 Member

Thanks guys for yall sevice helping make this County what it is.