1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Dallas Trophy Room Project Under Construction

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by michael p., Aug 19, 2010.

1. EA

EA Well-Known Member

Wow ! What a project ! Looking good guys..

2. timberlandtaxidermy

timberlandtaxidermy Taxidermy Instructor NTA Certified Judge

AWESOME!

It would be so cool to work on a project of this magnitude.

Wouldn't be even better, as the client, to afford a project of this magnitude ;)

Nice job guys, lookin' real good.

3. BDrake

BDrake Active Member

How many sheets of quikrock are being used for this project? I hope Ray got a bulk discount! :eek:
    Looks like the cave leads to the outside??? ???
    This would have been a helava Breakthrough article!!! :'(
    Thanks! :D

4. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

Ray got 50 sheets of Quickrock and as of this morning we have 5 left to finish. Don't know about a bulk discount, but the next order should sure the heck come as some type of gratuity discount after Quikrock fotzed up and made the delivery 6 days late screwing everybody on time.

The cave does lead to the outside and behind it are 3- 5x12 doors which can open in unison to create a 15x12 opening. That is where all the mounts including lifesize giraffe, hippo, Rhino, etc. will be brought through when the expansion on the house is complete in early 2011. The cave swings to the inside of the trophy room.........literally.....su you have plenty of openings for large mounts. Yes, you heard that right, the whole cave moves ;) :D

Daniel, Kyle and myself worked till midnight last night playing catch up with the rock. John Brown has been busting his arse, Ray and mike are awesome and we have 2 carpenters from here in Dallas who have made our lives easier. The one thing we were really lacking this week was Brushy.......that kid worked his butt off when he was here and his attitude was the best...even with me messing with him :) We've been staring around 7ish in the morning so needless to say, I am a sore mofo today. I took more pics last night and Ken will load them this morning. We only have until tomorrow afternoon left here and it has flown by. We'll be back in teams in October, January and so on. It has been cool as hell. I will give a final update in the morning and then I gotta fly.

Everybody, I hate to sound repiticious, but every day I take pics with my iphone, ken uploads and does the posting for me.....thats while he's running WASCO, The Taxidermy.net and dealing with the reflection off the back of Rick Carters head.......THANK YOU so much to Ken for taking his time to do this and thank you Ray Hatfield for allowing me to work with you and for you and allowing me to share these pics with anybody who wants to see them.....the simple quiet confidence that exudes speaks volumes :)

5. Ken Edwards

Ken Edwards Taxidermy.Net Administrator Staff Member

Still Rockin & Rollin!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Daniel M., one bad ass kid!
    [​IMG]

Kyle the mountain goat :)
    [​IMG]

13 hours of work so far today.....Kyle and Daniel are tired but kicking ass!
    [​IMG]

It's 10 P.M. and I'm high......
    [​IMG]

11:15 pm and Daniel & Kyle are still building...we 3 want this mountain done by Friday!
    [​IMG]

Tired!!!!!
    [​IMG]

Well here's your Thursday morning pic.....one more day after this and we are done until we come back in October. Yesterday was a 17 hour day, I can feel another one coming on :) LOL. Thanks to all of you for so many kind words, it's been fun doing this together:$
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. antlerman

antlerman NTA Life Member #0118

Again, as I've already said, I'm in AWE. Looks Fantastic!

7. vadeerhunter

vadeerhunter New Member

WOW!!!!

8. RDA

RDA Active Member

very Nice Guys! Although your cheating with the quick rock panels.... ;) :D

9. Eric E.

Eric E. Member

I know they are using the quickrock? system and looks like the expanding foam in cans between the pieces but what are they using to get the coloration? The powdered paints you mix with water and spray on??

Looks great!!! I wish they would film a panoramic clip and post it when everything is done and all mounts are in place!!

10. spray paint

11. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

I'm fixing to bust out of this house JB!

12. antlerman

antlerman NTA Life Member #0118

Anger Management!! LOL

13. cypresslake

cypresslake Jude Bordelon Cypresslake Taxidermy

WOW what a dream place congrats

14. Outstanding!

15. you will be ok MP just dont get your panties in a bunch!

16. Is it just me or is the back of John Brown's head blinding everyone else too!! ;D ;D

17. Nancy C

Nancy C Well-Known Member

I think that would be okay if you happen to have a bunch of panties.

18. LMAO

19. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

Hmmm, I'm still coming up with one "artist" short. LMAO

20. jimhow

jimhow Member

simply amazing!