1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

World Champion/ National Champion hands on training for $95!

Discussion in 'Training' started by psycho, Aug 24, 2010.

1. psycho

psycho 2011 WORLD CHAMPIONS!

I just got my new Ozark Woods catalog and on the back page is a seminar that is listed with Brian Harness. If you don't have the catalog makes sure to call (800-467-0369) Brian and get one. I'll write it as it is in the catalog, or most of it for you guys because this is an awesome deal.

"Each participant will mount a small game pedestal of their choice. Brian will also show them how to correctly mount a foot along with some finishing techniques. Lunch will be provided(which is included in the cost.) Participants must furnish all their own mounting tools. Any supplies needed can be purchased on site, i.e. (forms, eyes, ect.) at a 10% discount. The seminar dates will be September 25, 2010 and May 21, 2011. There is a maximum of 12 students per class, and cost is $95.00 per person. A $50.00 deposit is required to hold a spot, and full payment must be made by 10 days before the class."

There is more info that follows this, but this is the meat of the article. It will be held in Harrison which is about 35 miles south of Branson, Missouri.

I have to check the calendar but if I can, I'll be going.

2. coonhollow

coonhollow Active Member

sounds like a great opportunity same weekend as the gatorpalooza

3. AFWS

AFWS The lost Robertson

Anybody thinking about this.I would recommend pre ordering a form and TEST FITTING,LOL ;) kinda hard to apply what your learning when your hide don't fit the form.

4. Todd B

Todd B Active Member

I would personally just wait and buy the form on site and save the 10%. Measuring Brians way can be part of the learning experience. Also I am sure if anything needs a quick alteration that could be learned as well. That is just me though. But the main thing is have fun and enjoy.

5. antlerman

antlerman NTA Life Member #0118

Looks like we will be going in May Dan. We have prior commitments for Sept. Shall we?

6. coonhollow

coonhollow Active Member

I would even make it out there in May...sounds good!

7. antlerman

Maybe we should just go ahead and book the May class for clique members only!! LOL

8. coonhollow

coonhollow Active Member

lol,sounds good! how many spots are there? I need 2 lol

9. AFWS

AFWS The lost Robertson

Max of 12 according to the new catalog ;)

10. psycho

Not quite sure what to make of this? Did I miss something. I thought there were taxidermist on this site and they probably know how to order forms that fit? I must of missed something? ??? I b lost.... ;D

11. I would buy the form on site, they have every form on hand in their catalog., eyes, earliners.

Bring all your tools, clay apoxie sculpt, five minute epoxy, hide paste, wire brush for scratching the form, some type of mounting stand that will hold all-thread rod, sand paper. and away to transport the head home.

My wife mounted a bobcat head during one of Brian's sat shop seminars.

Your hide needs to be tanned., dont remove the ear cartilage as Brian's will show you a better way, some may know others will not know.

facebook Arkansas Taxidermist Assoc. for pics of the first workshop.

You will learn a lot. definitely worth the money!!!!

12. Anyone want to carpool?

13. AFWS

AFWS The lost Robertson

I'm guessing you did ::)

hide don't fit the form.

My fox was a LITTLE on the small side for his ONLY grey ped form ;)

14. psycho

Well why did you order one that was too big for your hide?

15. antlerman

Sounds like the beginning of a plan. Danny?

16. psycho

Codi said she is planning on going to the September one and thats the same time as the gatorpalooza. Have to check on the May one, don't forget the World Show dates... That would be my only problem, well maybe it won't be a problem at all. ;) ;D Maybe we can all meet at Kantors shop and tell him we are going to a hands on seminar... LOL

17. antlerman

Maybe he would like to carpool to it with US :)

18. psycho

Tim what vehicle do you think we should take? I can fit 6 in my truck.

19. sid

sid New Member

Hey Tim suzie Rulo and me will be at the may21 one hope to see you there!!

20. TRAPPERGIRL

TRAPPERGIRL Proud Member-Taxidermy M.A.F.I.A. & Taxinet Clique

I would go to the May one too ;D