1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Need Help On Picking a Good Outfitter in Saskatchewan or Manitoba

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by moosehorn, Aug 31, 2010.

1. moosehorn

moosehorn New Member

Looking to take the plunge of paying for a Whitetail hunt in Canada,does anyone have any advise for a good Outfitter?
    Thanks, Mike

2. Try Squaw Creek Outfitters Ron Waugh (306) 837-2295 . I will be up there with him during Thanksgiving . He has some good deer up there . He is right on the outside of farm country . You will be hunting on his farm . He also has some great bear hunting to . Gary

3. Bighunter4x4

Bighunter4x4 Member

would you know what charges would be for a deer hunt?

4. 3500.00 Hunting license are about 300.00

5. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

www.saskoutfitter.com

Same prices and you'll see dozens of bucks every day. If you don't have an opportunity to shoot a 150 class buck or better, it's simply because you shot too quick. $4000 includes taxes and tags. Once you're in camp, all transportation is supplied along with great lodging (even in the REMOTE Muskeg Lake camp) and great food. Animals capped and skinned and packaged in plastic boxes made to clear customs . Hunting opportunity for over 21,000 acres right along the Alberta border. Fly into Edmonton or Saskatoon to drive in.

6. Non-TypicalArtist

Non-TypicalArtist ABOVE Expectations. BEYOND Ordinary.

Yes. Manitoba. I will be going up again this year (my 4th). Only takes 8 hunters /year. First week of rifle. Full Rut. Can get you in for $2,300. Plus $300 lic. you get in camp. beds with linens, hot shower, 3 meals day. Full 6 day hunt. Ave buck 140-150. Better hurry. He only has 1-2 tags left.
    www.artemisoutfitting.com

7. Saskadrenaline.com -
    excellent hunting and excellent people.
    there were rumors of wolf numbers interfering with the hunts so make sure you ask, no matter who you decide to go with.
    enjoy!

8. Give these people a call, they are in the Hudson Bay area. Their hunts are also $3500 for 6 days, they have incredible food, great lodging, they pick you up at the hotel (saskatoon 3.5 hours away, and bring you back after the week is done. First time there (2004)I took a 130", pulled the trigger to quick, second time(2007) took a 155" 11 point. The company was run by a husband/wife team, with their son in law also guiding for them. However, unfortunatly the husband suffered medical problems and they have not taken hunters since we left in 2007, but I just talked to her two weeks ago and she stated she still has the same property and she is taking one week of hunters this year. I am going to go halloween week next year with the muzzleloader. Here is a link to the 155" I took there. Send me a PM and I will give you my #
    Tracking the Buck
    [​IMG]
    After finding him

[​IMG]

North Forty Outfitters
    Laurrie Lozinski
    (306) 865-2015

9. moosehorn

moosehorn New Member

Thanks for replys all ,you give me some places to contact and consider.Nice buck mmhanas!

10. agla0047

agla0047 Member

WV
    http://www.steepbank.com/steephome.html Hunted with these guys last year and it was excellent Tell em Todd told you about it..

11. Thanks, they all seem like good outfitters, However, just like Taxidermy, references references references. I have heard way too many horror stories about Saskatchewan Outfitters. There are bad apples in every bunch, just looking to make a fast Buck.

Here is a pic of Ken Hayworths deer from the last few years in Hudson Bay, he is the son in law of the Owners, he knows big deer.
    http://gallery.menoutdoors.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=29149&cat=500&ppuser=3703

Here is a vid of Ken Hayworths Drop tine, also taken in Hudson Bay
    http://www.youtube.com/207whity#p/a/f/2/GTViS-MMEvs

Another Vid In Hudson Bay

http://www.youtube.com/207whity#p/a/f/1/QUDsPpj2fbk

I got your e-mail, I'll talk to you later today

12. DCon

DCon New Member

If you want to have a great chance on a big buck, go to Illinois. I've got a really good location there for you for half of what heading north will cost.

13. George

DCon, that's just not true. Any of the places there that have truly braggin sized bucks charge $4000 or more and the biggest Illinois buck just isn't the size of the Northern Subarctic whitetails. My last one field dressed 325 and my buddy had one that tipped the scales at 375. I've never seen anyplace in the states where I could see 10 to 20 130+ class whitetails every single day like I saw in Saskatchewan.

14. Very true! I would love to hunt Saskatchewan some day but I fear the cold (yes, I'm a puss).

and I'm from Illinois ;D

15. George

Andy, just read the Celsius scale and remember, it's "dry cold". LMAO

Remember the -40 is the same on both scales.

16. Like George said, Illinois just can't compare to Saskatchewan. Once you have a buck on the ground in Sask, you will be amazed at the SIZE of the animal. I have been all over for whitetails, Illinois, Kansas, Missouri, Texas, New Jersey, New York state, PA, Ohio. Nothing, and I mean absolutely nothing compares to the sheer size of the deer in Sask. Once you go there, you will be counting the days til you return. It is truly an addiction. Here is a pic of my buddies deer, 2007, Dressed it bottomed out the 300lb scale

[​IMG]

17. George

I have a similar picture of that 375 on a quad, but can't find it. GREAT photo.

18. Check with Tork on this site. He offers some great hunts.. Ask him about his 204" mulie he took this year 2 hours into the archery season.

19. DCon

DCon New Member

As always George, your opinion is one sided. I don't know anyone that travels for a few extra pounds of deer meat, maybe you do? The bucks we kill in Illinois normally field dress over 250 lbs and several over 275. So if you want more meat, travel across the border and load up and spend even more money getting it home with out spoilage. But if you want a good scoring buck, you won't beat Illinois for the chance, and my hunts are priced lower than what has been listed and they are for unlimited days hunting, not a short term hunt. BTW-- we don't shoot 130's so if you want one of those, go to George's spots. Good luck no matter what you choose, lot's of systers in Canada that love USA currency.

20. Ted B

Ted B Active Member

Go to http://www.soa.ca and search through the list of outfitters that are part of the Sask Outiftters association.

There is alot to look through, also its unlikely you will get an opening this year, but you can plan for future hunts.