1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Kidney Transplant Update

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by Ken Edwards, Sep 1, 2010.

1. Ken Edwards

Ken Edwards Taxidermy.Net Administrator Staff Member

Today is a great day. A heroic day. Today, a life is being saved.

Today the enormous generosity of an individual and the spontaneous charity of a community of independent individuals have come together for a cause greater than themselves.

Today, I am proud to be a part of the Taxidermy Industry.

Forty years ago, when Michael P. Schlabach was born, Harry Paulson was already making his living as a professional taxidermist.

These men didn't know each other until last year, but both of their lives have played out as public figures in our industry.

Harry has been a major force in the advancement of taxidermy education. He owned and operated Mountain Valley School of Taxidermy in Arizona for many years, served several terms on the Board of Directors of the National Taxidermists Association, written articles for all of the trade publications, judged the earliest taxidermy competitions, served as seminar coordinator for the World Taxidermy Championships, and has been a standout performer singing Elvis songs at the WTC wind-down party.

Michael P. has been among the first of the new breed of "internet taxidermists", with the most intimate details of his life played out for all to see. His tragic personal destruction from addiction and his subsequent rehabilitation and revival has been followed closely by Forum readers. We rejoiced with Michael and Miranda at their online wedding here on the Taxidermy.Net. Michael's huge heart was known by many, but with this lastest stunt he took all of us by surprise.

Almost one year ago to the day, George Roof let us know of Harry's dire health problems in this post: http://www.taxidermy.net/forum/index.php/topic,171163.0.html. Within two hours, Michael P. had sent a private message to George which set into motion the miracle that has now come to fruition.

Besides the awesome selflessness of Michael's act, this couldn't have been possible without the amazing way our community came together to support him. The spontaneous generosity through the auctions and donations which popped up all over the Taxidermy.Net Forum have funded the additional costs associated with this transplant and recovery. Every person who donated shares in this triumph. We should all be proud.

[​IMG]

Right now, 7:30 a.m. Pacific time, transplant surgery is underway for Harry and Michael. Miranda will be contacting me with updates from the hospital which I will post here as soon as I receive them.

2. bill@hogheaven

[email protected] New Member

Marking

3. coonhollow

coonhollow Active Member

Ken thank you!

4. RDA

RDA Active Member

The signs are ALL GOOD here in the west !!

5. Todd B

Todd B Active Member

Well wishes for all.

6. Thanks, Ken. This is a great story, and I'm proud to know Mike, as a friend. He is a character, and a great character at that. Wishing them well on a healthy, and fast recovery.

7. BEAVERS

BEAVERS New Member

Truly Amazing!

8. Nancy C

Nancy C Well-Known Member

Man ... so near, and yet so far. :(
    I wish I could get to Seattle today, but I just can't do it. (No vehicle, dagnabbit.) Regardless, my thoughts are with you all. I have been following this very closely even though I couldn't really think of anything to say.
    There's a chance I might be able to get up to Seattle to see you folks this weekend, although I'm not 100% sure. I do want to, though, and I will ask my hubby later today.

It's supposed to get back up into the low 80s this weekend, so I am guessing that Michael P brought a little bit of Texas sunshine to the Pacific Northwest.
    Knowing what I know of him, it doesn't surprise me at all!

9. bmdakk

bmdakk Report to moderator

Thanks Ken, Keep us in the loop. We are thinking and praying for those two.

10. Good Luck and God Bless Gentlemen.

Harry you are blessed to have found such a giving person as Michael. Please get well soon.

Michael all I can say you you are a class act. I truly admire you and who you are.

God Bless you both.

11. mmwtdh

mmwtdh Member

God Bless both of these gentleman and their families.............

12. Wishin a speedy recovery for both!
    Yall are in our thoughts and prayers!

13. IAtaxi

IAtaxi Member

Incredible Michael!

14. whitetail94

whitetail94 New Member

Thanks Ken,

Our thoughts and prayers are with both men and their families.

Michael L

15. Do hospital gowns come in plaid? ;D Good luck you guys.

Bruce

16. montana art

montana art New Member

N.C.
    thinking and praying for you both, waiting for the good news ken. Thanks

17. Brian

Brian Active Member

x2

18. D.Taximan

D.Taximan Member

Good luck Michael and Harry. Prayers sent !

19. vadeerhunter

vadeerhunter New Member

Prayers sent to you both!! Wishing you both a speedy recovery!!

20. Joey Arender

Joey Arender big mouth alert

prayers for a successful surgery and speedy recovery for both. WOW!!!!!!!!!