1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Kidney Transplant Update

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by Ken Edwards, Sep 1, 2010.

1. jasonb

jasonb I think I'll keep her

I was really hoping to lose some weight while in Texas working with Mike, BUT his cooking did not help and I think we all gained instead of losing.LOL

2. sarahdj

sarahdj Active Member

So glad to hear you guys are getting better & stronger! Still praying, of course- but some prayers of gratitude now along with the "gimmies." Keep listening to the docs & stay strong!!!

3. boxerpet

boxerpet Harry Paulson-grateful

I got a call from JJ (NTA) today will good wishes and much concern for Michael and I. It was a surprise . I forgot to ask him why he was the only one who told Michael he was crazy to offer me his kidney. Well JJ without this generous individual I would be dead. I wilL NEVER be able to thank him and his Meranda for what he has done for me and my family.
    Harry

4. psycho

psycho 2011 WORLD CHAMPIONS!

Harry, glad someone from the NTA has finally said something. Hope your doing well! 8)

5. coonhollow

coonhollow Active Member

same hare Harry!

6. boxerpet

Well today was the day Michael was cleared to return home to Texas and it will be hard.to see him and Miranda leave for home . We flew over a good part of Seattle in a bi plane.took a ride in amphibious boat and saw most everything including Bill Gates estate and the place where they shot the movie Sleepless in Seattle.Then we wentTo a Mariners game.
    I myself had my doctors visit at the hospital and had my Dyalisis port removed.My progress is good according to the doctors, now wait until the next visit and rest. Carol comes in tomorrow I can't wait. After all this pain and anticipation.
    Only I can tell you all how very much better I am feeling.I should be able to return to Phoenix in 2 weeks providing everything goes well without complications.
    I will see Michael and Miranda in Phoenix in October. I can,t wait . This guy is a part of my life now. Gods speed Michael.You are fantastic human being.
    Harry

7. psycho

psycho 2011 WORLD CHAMPIONS!

That sounds fantastic Harry! We are very excited and happy for you and Michael and the chance you have to live your life like you have dreamed about. I hope you take advantage of it like you own every minute of it. I am happy to hear of your progress and your updates make everyone of us smile!

8. antlerman

antlerman NTA Life Member #0118

Yes they do indeed. What he said.

9. sarahdj

sarahdj Active Member

Ditto! I don't know you personally, Harry- but I do know Michael. I'm so glad you are getting strong & Mikey is headed home- I'm sure he will be thinking of you every day. You guys take care of yourselves & hope to see you sometime!
    God Bless you and yours!

10. boxerpet

Everything is going pretty good. Julie returned to Arizona today and my Carol is here to help me for the next 2 weeks. I only hope that Michael after he returned home doesn't over do it .After spending 2 weeks it's hard not to miss this guy and his wife.
    I hope many of you get to meet and visit with this special person.
    Thanks again everyone of you taxidermists who supported Michael and myself.
    Harry

11. jhawk

jhawk My second job.

Harry and Michael P, I have been following your journey and praying for both of you and for your healthy recovery. Michael P, I have not met you but you are truly an amazing man. Someday I hope to have the opportunity to shake your hand. Harry, I'm so happy to read your posts and knowing that you are doing better. I've considered you a friend for life after I left your school in 82. You are truly passionate towards the industry and and we all appreciate the ground work you helped lay. You started me off on the right foot in this profession and I will always be grateful to you. Best wishes to both of you. Jeff, I read your post. It's good to hear from you. Keep an eye on the old man to see that he behaves himself for a while!
    Sincerely,

Kendall Shaw

12. boxerpet

The doctors are doing their best to see that Michaels kidney stays healthy and well. Medication changes take place on a daily basis.I feel pretty good but but really sore and peeing like a race horse.my only real worry is that Michael slows down a bit and continues to rest and heal.God, George, let's keep him on top of this healing and resting thing..everyone keep the prayers coming. We both need you and we thank you so much for everything.
    Harry

13. coonhollow

coonhollow Active Member

Harry I think after everything that has transpired since day 1 you and Michael will be in everyone's prayers from here on! Keep us posted on your progress..

14. mountman62

mountman62 New Member

You won't see me post on here much, just read and take a lot of advice, but this has been an amazing thread and just had to comment, Harry, you are one lucky guy to have someone come forward and take a part of their body and give it to someone else, and that goes for you too Michael, just an outstanding act of kindness, hjope to get to meet both of you someday, as I know from an outside part what Harry has been going through as my wife had kidney failure in April of 2009 and has been on dialysis since, has not driven much since then, i carry her to treatments 3 mornings a week for 4 hrs each, she has had a below knee amputation this April 14 2010, but has an outstanding mental attitude knowing that God has a plan for her, this is just amazing the outpouring of prayers and get well wishes from the people on this forum, God Bless both of you and your families in your healing process

15. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

mountman62, sincere and honest prayers your wife finds a donor.

You know, going into this had no fear....absolutely none. But I was not in a situation some are put into where they really don't have a choice because it is a son, daughter, wife, husband, dear relative and they must make that sacrafice because it is their duty as a companion and/or loved one.

As I said before, I was guided to Harry. I can't tell you why or how. Before George made that post he had told me on the phone about Harry and it just stuck with me....like a little voice that kept prodding me to help him...like I said, there is no explainable reason.

I still feel like I have done nothing miraculous. I was (as i've said 10,000 times before LOL :) ) given a chance 4 1/2 years ago to live what I will call a "real" life again and I am simply passing it on. There are many others like me and the thing that we (only in my opinion) need to realize is that we were saved or given another chance for a reason. We should only be selfish where it concerns our sobriety....other than that it is our responsibility and duty to share ourselves so others may live. Whether it be through service work with other alcoholics and addicts or even the extremes of donating organs that will not in further years affect our ability to live a whole and gracious life. We were given a 2nd chance and we are losing nothing by sharing it. Had we not been given that chance we would probably be a rotting corpse or atleast i'm pretty sure I would be.

We were given another chance for a reason and there is no reason to waste it by not going out and making life long changes in others lives. If somebody had not taken a vested chance in ours, where would we be???

All i'm saying to those who know what i'm talking about and who have walked in similar shoes as mine....I know how you feel when that first burst of sunlight shines on you in the morning and the first thing you feel is "thank God I didn't drink or drug yesterday" Trust me, share your stories with others and show them there is hope. The gratitude I feel and the wonderful life i've been granted can be had by so many.....sometimes it's just a service meeting away :)

16. mimes

mimes Member

well said mp

17. boxerpet

Mountain man 62. I have been given a blessing beyond words by a man and soul brother named Michael. I to know the wondrous thing you are doing 3 times week with your courageous wife. Perhaps we could keep in touch and through my experiences and acquaintances I might in some small way give you encouragement and direct your efforts.
    Michael and I fully realize that there are many taxidermists that need assistance with many medical issues. They need medical and financial assistance.It will be.our desire Michaels and mine to create though a variety of sources forms of assistance and aid to our fellow taxidermists.
    Please be aware that without caring people such as Michael are future as humans is in for a dramatic downfall.
    My sincere prayers go out to you and your lovely wife. Know that many prayers are being sent you way at this very moment by all who are aware of you present trails.
    Harry

18. dougp

dougp Active Member

Michael and Harry, I don't know either of you but wish I did.

Michael words can't express how much I admire what you have done. Incredible and inspiring. I think of you and your mission often and marvel at the postings about your journey and outlook on life.

Harry, I have heard nothing but good and kind things of you and your contribution to the industry.

Both of you are inspiring.

Last year I lost my very best friend through a freak accident. He was a true and loyal friend who inspired me to continue when I seemed to lose purpose in life. I still am stuggling with his loss.

What you both have gone through has shown so many of us that your goodness and kindness and giving is a wonderful and uplifting thing that touches many, many people you will never be aware of.

I just wanted to say....

May God bless you both....

DougP

19. sarahdj

sarahdj Active Member

You guys amaze me- and make me cry!

20. Bill Yox

Bill Yox Well-Known Member

Mountman62, I hope your story is as happy soon as is these two friends of mine. Keep the faith.