1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Kidney Transplant Update

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by Ken Edwards, Sep 1, 2010.

1. boxerpet

boxerpet Harry Paulson-grateful

Well friends unfortunately I am back in the hospital again ,dizziness and dehydration.Back on IV's for 5 hours. But don' t worry everything will be ok I believe.I talked with Michael earlier in the day and he seems to be OK and feeling in a healing mode.I sure hope things go well so Carol and I can leave for home on the 28th. You will never know how great it is to have friends like all of you. I really need to meet many of you in the near future.
    Believe me I know how lucky I am.
    Harry

2. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

Harry, you better start drinking water and/or gatorade!!!!! :) Seriously, I know it gets yucky for lack of a better term but you have to have PLENTY of fluids to keep that kidney functioning properly. 30 days of extra hydration will lead to a lifetime of happiness.........remember that :)

3. coonhollow

coonhollow Active Member

Hope you get outta there! Dehydration isn't good especially with your surgery I went in for blood work Monday and they threatened to put me back in for dehydration they had a fit getting blood.. but I'm drinking now I'm not going back in.lol make yourself drink I know I will from now on.lol

4. RDA

RDA Well-Known Member

Dang Harry! Get out of there and back to AZ soon!!!! ;)

5. Bill Yox

Bill Yox Well-Known Member

Harry I TOLD you that Mike would drive you to drinking!

6. sarahdj

sarahdj Active Member

Sounds silly, but Pedialyte (I'm sure I spelled it wrong) is really good for rehydrating a dehydrated person. It's geared toward kids, but works like a charm. We're kinda all kids at heart anyway, right? Afterall, my husband is my largest and most affectionate child;)
    Water, Gatorade, Pedialyet- what ever- keep it moving!

7. boxerpet

Thanks for all the suggestions. I seem to be doing much better after the rehydration at the hospital. Pedialite and Crystal lite seem to be working well and have some flavor. Hopefully after tomorrows hospital Visit I can see how far going home Is away. Thanks everyone, Harry

8. Dave H

Dave H New Member

ohio
    well I have been reading this for a while and I feel That I need to speak my pc. I have been on here for a 2 or 3 years now and i have kind of learned a little about some of the people on here. I have met a few and have to say that i have liked every on eof you I have met.

When I first got on here I read Micheal's posts and I have to say i thought he was a real smart ass and pretty full of him self. After ready a few hundred of his posts I started to believe that he was really a pretty good guy ( still a smart ass) and after reading all of this there is no doubt in my mind what kind of guy he is. Doing what he did is with out a doubt the most selfless awesome thing that one person could do for another. as the saying goes " your actions speak so loudly that I can not hear your words"

Good luck, God bless and get well soon.

Dave Hyer

9. boxerpet

Every thing is starting to go along well.My new kidney is working well.Thank God for Michael..The doctors are happy and ready to release me on Tuesday. I will have to come back in one month again in three months for follow up checks to see if the kidney is working properly. They took the stint out this morning.What a relief.
    Carol my wife to be saw all the Doctors today and knows there is quite a lot of work for us ahead. One of the nurses talked with her during our visit to have me dehydrated and asked her if she was nuts marrying a guy with my health problems.Diabetes,open heart surgeries and now kidney transplant. I hope she was kidding.
    Anyway I feel like a million bucks and again want to thank all my taxidermy friends for everything.I owe you more than I can repay.

Harry

10. jimhow

jimhow Member

Great news! Keep drinking those fluids and hope you have a speedy recovery!

11. boxerpet

Michael, I am.so impressed. I received a second phone call from JJ "NTA" wishing me well and asking how we both were and if we were recovering well.He seemed very sincere, but never mentioned why he tried to talk you out of the transplant. Thank God you are who you are. I really owe you so so much. You are one of a kind.

Harry

12. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

Ha, ha Harry....atleast you got a call!!!! LMAO! I never even got a "what's up?" But the next time I see him he will act like we were long lost brothers ??? Good talking to you earlier, can't wait to see you in 2 weeks!

13. coonhollow

coonhollow Active Member

Harry its good to see you are feeling great! I will get your shirts from Gator Wars out to Michael on Tuesday so he has them for when you meet up. Gators are being mounted as I type and everyone here has both of you in out prayers... Hope to see you soon myself keep those fluids flowing~!

14. boxerpet

Today I got clearance to return home. Quite an ordeal this last 30 days.Doctors were quite pleased an gave their approval to return to Arizona.I feel pretty good and I am really so grateful to Michael and all you my friends for you help ,prayers and support. Rest assured you I will keep you aware of my progress. PS: Michael have a safe trip home from Georges.
    Harry

15. D.Price

D.Price Well-Known Member

Harry that is wonderful news. This is a great story that just keeps getting better!

16. boxerpet

I don't know where to start. I am home in Arizona and getting adjusted. Mike calls everyday to see how I am doing. this guy is beyond words and has truly become my little brother. I have so many people to thank that I don't know where to start.Theres MIchael which goes without saying and Ken Edwards and WASCO which also goes without saying. I can't wait to see him at the World Show, hug him with tears in my eyes and express my heart felt thanks for his contribution for my being alive.Without the Taxidermy Net web site none of this would have happened. There are hundreds if not thousands of everyday taxidermists, true friends which I will try to meet and personally thank in the future.
    Its now my turn to try and give back and really try to console and help others.Thank you all so much.Your generosity is really on my mind each and every day.
    Harry

17. RDA

RDA Well-Known Member

glad things are going well Harry!! ;)

18. rnviper3

rnviper3 New Member

i will look forward to meeting you at the world show. im so glad that you are doing good. keep it up.
    bob

19. old n twisted

old n twisted always trying to to learn taxidermy

Harry it is wonderful that you are now home,it has been great watching this unfold and happen for you and Michael. I was at gator wars and it was a great feeling to know all of what we were doing was for a great cause. Did you find a box waiting on you when you got home?It had a piece of granite in it that had been lasered with a photo of you and Michael before you two went into the hospital. The act that Michael did was a great gift of life ,but the photo will forever set it into stone. WE hope you liked it. Michael also has one just like it.Hope to meet you and Michael some day because you two are truely a great asset to the taxidermy world for which I am glad to be a part of. May God bless you with a speedy recovery, and a long life.

Dennis

20. antlerman

antlerman NTA Life Member #0118

Glad you are home and feeling well Harry. Continued Prayers from Tim and Becky.