1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Kidney Transplant Update

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by Ken Edwards, Sep 1, 2010.

1. coonhollow

coonhollow Active Member

Harry I'm glad you are home! there is also a package of shirts on its way to Michael from Gator Wars for all of you! Please keep us posted!

2. boxerpet

boxerpet Harry Paulson-grateful

Well its Friday and I had a chance to see my new doctor in Phoenix. He said he doesn't usually get a resent transplant patient that he hadn't followed though surgery. He was my dialysis doctor before I went to Washington. He was pleased with the information the University of Washington hospital faxed him. He really thought they did a great job. I do however have trouble controlling my diabetes sugars because of the medications and 60 years with it. He will follow me every week with blood work and medication changes. This should be for the first 6 months.
    Michael is still having troubles with a sore testicle and is not sure what that is about .He might have to see a doctor. No jokes please !
    Any of his friends , please encourage him to rest. He doesn't know the word rest. I think Miranda will have to put a mickey in his food to slow him down.
    I'll keep you posted if anything happens.
    My prayers to any of you who are experiencing any of life's trials.

Harry

3. FishArt

FishArt Well-Known Member

WOW! I don't visit the Current Events category all that much anymore and didn't even have a clue what this post was about. Until, I read all 31 pages!!! What a great gift! Michael, that's an amazing, unselfish thing to do! I'm just blown away! Great news that everybody is doing well. After 31 pages it was like reading a novel. I was on the edge of my seat at times - lol!

4. coonhollow

coonhollow Active Member

wow, lol where have u been? there are quite a few post's related to those two ..you even missed the opportunity to attend gator wars! lol...and yes what a awesome gift!!

5. FishArt

I try to stay out of the Current Events category AMAP. Keeps me out of trouble - lol!

6. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

I am PROUD to report I just got home from a nice weekend and my ball's are both doing very well 8)

7. coonhollow

coonhollow Active Member

Glad you made it home safely after a great weekend,,,,but tooooo much info.lol

8. FishArt

No pics???? LOL!

9. B Jones

B Jones Memeber of - NTA,UTA,AIT.Proud Member of NZTA.

Please no pics Michael

10. sarahdj

sarahdj Active Member

Coffee spit & up my nose- thanks guys!!
    TMI- I agree Blaine! Mikey- we'll take your word for it on the testicular fortitude. No pics needed- we trust you;)

11. Uncle Harley

Uncle Harley New Member

Hey Mike did you ask the Dr if it was normal for one of them to hang down lower than the other two ?

12. FishArt

Three total??? SO, you live next to a Nuke plant too???

13. Uncle Harley

Uncle Harley New Member

You really don't get on current events much............you never heard the story about OL' 3 ball Mike? LOL I'll let you dig the archives for that one! :D

14. boxerpet

I am so tickled, Michael and Miranda will be here in Phoenix tomorrow to meet my family and I get to take him around to see the sights.The SCI musem is on the top of our list . then maybe Flagstaff to see Steve Favor.
    This guy and his wife are are ever so special to me.We'll keep you posted on his visit.

Harry

15. RDA

RDA Well-Known Member

Very cool Harry! just dont "bust his b*lls" about anything LMAO!!! ;) ;D ;D I here they were tender! ;D

16. Worse case scenario Mike...you can always have them served as texas Mountain Oysters :)

17. boxerpet

I picked up Michael this morning at 8: 30 In Phoenix and he was such a pleasure to see. We immediately left for Tuscon and the SCI Museum. He really enjoyed that . We had lunch with Chuck Mecham a truly great whitetail ( coues deer) taxidermist and had a great visit in his shop and then a great Mexican food lunch. Tucson is beautiful this time of year.Lots planned.We hope to see Steve Favor and hunt some Aberts squirrels Sunday in Flagstaff with Miranda, my son Tom and Steve Favor. I can't wait to see how good a shot Miranda is with my double barrel 20 gauge.
    Saturday my whole family will get to visit with Mike and Miranda for the first time since the surgery.Wish you all could be there.

Harry

18. psycho

psycho 2011 WORLD CHAMPIONS!

Sounds fantastic Harry. Don't you two over do it! Remember you may feel great but your still healing. Hope you all have a great time and a wonderful family visit!

19. coonhollow

coonhollow Active Member

Sounds like you have a great weekend planned out! Michael let me know if the shirts made it on time? enjoy your weekend and if Miranda hunts squirrels like she fishes for red fish you might need help getting the squirrels out of the woods! ;D

20. sarahdj

sarahdj Active Member

Sounds like an awesome time- have a blast but take care of yourselves guys!!