1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

BIRD OF THE WEEK # 36-37,YEAR 4

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by Taxi-lover, Sep 6, 2010.

1. Taxi-lover

Taxi-lover Active Member

:)

Autumn is coming and there's five days to grousehunting season to begin here in Finland! That's what I've bee waiting for a year!! Hope to get some black grouses and maybe that capercaillie too to get it mounted for myself! That's a thing I've been vaitin 20 yrs by now.. :p

So,let's begin a new couple of weeks with birds! I have to say I admire you and your effort to take a pictures from your magnificent mounts and post them to here in BotW! That's some dedication that! I THANK YOU!

From week 34 I've chosen a great macaw mount by Wingman!!! CONGRATS!! This is a one good example that when you have skill you can save bird beyond decades!!! Absolutelu great colours and attitude! Week 35 was also a great week and from there I picked up Atwaters "bored duck". I don't know what atwater really meant by that but the mount really appealed me greatly!! I didn't get bored to look at that beauty! ;)

Have a nice week with birds and give me some thumb for that capercaillie hunt!! ;D

Yours... JP

Attached Files:

2. Taxi-lover

Taxi-lover Active Member

And a Bored duck.. ;)

Attached Files:

3. taxidermycollector

taxidermycollector I am in Europe, sooo no need for Uncle Sam's regs

Well done Atwater, lovely Pochard. Nice mount.Not bored at all but about as dramatic a duck can ever be. JK, should this now just be called duck of the week. I actually have the complete duck set at home so to speak, so can speak as one who really likes them. Not a criticism, but the last time something else won (if we wish to use this term) was a black bird, which for the record was a Ring Ouzel. Bit like me calling a teal a wigeon, hey they're just ducks. Yeah I know I going to be shot down (6 shots at one bird normally eh boys)

4. alexm

alexm New Member

2 great mounts congrats to both of you .
    Alex.M

5. DropTine

DropTine DSCN0137.JPG

Congrats to both of you. Very nicely done. Mark

6. lee tees valley

lee tees valley tweety luvva.

TC ;D ; :'( ;D;D ;D ;D 8) 8) ;)

7. taxidermycollector

Perhaps people should try a Barn Owl or Cuckoo, just for laughs. Makes an under-chin incision looks like childs play.

Anyway, just finished this birds. I think it is a duck falcon (Falcus Quackus). No ducks are safe now, it attacks in all habitats ;D ;D ;D ;D

Attached Files:

8. lee tees valley

could be a winner 8) does it go QUACK.

9. taxos

taxos Finches, Buntings

nice fowl TC!! hehe!

10. taxos

taxos Finches, Buntings

heres an ??? :p

Attached Files:

11. lee tees valley

8) taxos very nice goldfinch 8) :eek: 8) :eek: BUT, ,,,CAN IT QUACK ;D ;D :'( :'( :'( :-* ;D 8) 8) ;)

12. taxos

taxos Finches, Buntings

it can fart and leave a spoon of gravy

13. lee tees valley

;D SOUNDS GOOD 8) COULD BE IN WIT A CHANCE THEN ;D :'( ;)

14. taxidermycollector

Fantastic Goldfinch, but your gonna need to flatten the bill out and paint YELLOW. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

15. snowhare

snowhare New Member

TC

SEEMS YA HAVE PROBLEMS WITH DUCKS A DUDE , WELL GET USED TO EM THERE ARE A LOT MORE TO COME

SNOWY

16. Nancy C

Nancy C Well-Known Member

Awwww ... I like those goldfinches. I have been thinking about buying some and setting them up in an outside aviary. The weather here is just like England so I think they should be okay.
    That one is leucistic or something, isn't it? It's prettier than most of the ones I have seen.

17. taxos

taxos Finches, Buntings

thanks peeps :)Nancy, it is a supposedly siberian goldfinch carduelis carduelis major, they are very pale. The guy who breeds them does have some colour variants, so i have to wait for all of them to die to see some differences. :p

18. Taxi-lover

Taxi-lover Active Member

In my opinion we can stop this duck conversation...I don't care if there's ducks or grouses or predators. This is BIRD of the week and those all are birds,as far as I know?? If someone want's to start duck of the week,you are wellcome,but ducks are still wellcome to BotW also.Im more interested how the bird is mounted than a species... We mount what we can and get into our hands..right? I really would like to mount some raptors but they are all protected by law here in Finland. Some peopole are just more lucky to mount species that we others just dream of...

19. SteveP

SteveP New Member

Very well said JP. I believe that as it is you that keeps the BotW threads alive, it is up to you to select your favorites, for whatever reasons that please you. Sometimes your picks and mine are not the same, as all of us have different tastes, and notice different things. That is fine with me. Sometimes your picks help me to appreciate a mount that I may not have paid enough attention to the first time around. Please keep up the good work.

As for those voicing your opinions about the picks in a negative manner. Please start your own thread, or just compliment others for their mounts that you like, and/or show off your own mounts. I'm sure that you didn't look close enough to the pick for week #34. No web feet, or flat beak on that one. It is just a beautiful bird done very well, just like the rest of the picks of the week. Those of us that rarely get to mount something that isn't a game bird, like JP, appreciate the rest of us sharing the beautiful mounts of non gamebirds. But, that's not going to stop us from putting up pictures of our best ducks. We can only hope you can appreciate the work that we put into those also.

20. taxidermycollector

I agree. Enough said, as this will always be a sterile discussion as you ability to post anything other than ducks is limited by "Leuitenant Dan's". At US Fish & Wildlife. I speak from many encountetrs with these people