1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

BIRD OF THE WEEK # 36-37,YEAR 4

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by Taxi-lover, Sep 6, 2010.

1. PA

PA Well-Known Member

I haven't looked at this thread for quite some time, and then find this lovely discussion going on between two people and the entire forum. Interesting to say the least.

Actually, for a select few in American virtually any bird is available for mounting, though they be collected many years ago. Americans conquered the world as far a collecting birds from all the continents. Of the top 20 ornithology collections, probably 12 are on American soil. Many American museums still send out collecting trips to the far reaches of the world.

What I am getting tired of is that in the "bird of the week category" it seems that BIRDS always seem to win. That seems a bit repetitive. How come a fish or snake or gamehead NEVER wins. Always a bird. Just doesn't make sense to someone who wants to see another vertebrate class win the thread.

Keep on trucking JP, do it your way...

2. bowhunter444

bowhunter444 New Member

NJ
    Still new to bird taxidermy here are a pair of drake buffleheads I just finished

[​IMG]

3. redwolf

redwolf Active Member

I feel bad for even getting involved. I want to apologize to you all for being part of the argument and ruining this thread.
    Sometimes I don't know when to keep my temper in check :-\

It's REALLY nice to see birds again. Thanks guy's.
    They all look GREAT ;)

4. stuffinducks

stuffinducks New Member

I'm sure glad to see some birds being posted. ;D Great stuff everyone. Here is another one just finished up a month or so ago.

Enjoy,

SD

[​IMG]