1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

BIRD OF THE WEEK # 36-37,YEAR 4

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by Taxi-lover, Sep 6, 2010.

1. taxidermycollector

taxidermycollector I am in Europe, sooo no need for Uncle Sam's regs

Found these today in the freezer ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D. The feet are bright red and webbed

Attached Files:

2. lee tees valley

lee tees valley tweety luvva.

TC, ;) , dont tell me those are aquatic zebra finches in dat bag 8) ;D

3. Silverose01

Silverose01 Proud member of LTBBOI

Wow I love those... I dunno what they are but I love them, capreolus
    I don't frequent the bird section much but wow the work people posted is great. Shouldn't it be only work that you yourself has done? Correct me if I'm wrong but that's how I thought these threads worked lol
    And all these are great and the macaw is presented beautifully!

4. B Jones

B Jones Memeber of - NTA,UTA,AIT.Proud Member of NZTA.

Boy this used to be a fun post to follow up on, now it is all "fowled up". Oh and nice birds everyone.

5. wingman

wingman Active Member

X3..... Perhaps a "tutorial" on how to use the PM function is needed if you want to have a personal discussion? IMO it should be a Common courtesy to everyone.

6. muleyhunter

muleyhunter Soulmates, Gods way of saying together forever

Put it in the "CURRENT EVENTS" Let this thread be what JP has made of it BIRD OF THE WEEK.

7. taxidermycollector

Arhhh and now we have sensorship. What's this CNN. Only in America, land of the free. Nice to see I am still refered to as a moron by some Yahoo from the Boooonnies

8. lee tees valley

FREEDOM OF SPEECH 8) NOT ABLE TO EXPRESS YOUR VIEW'S :eek: as don king would say ONLY IN AMERICA ;D ;D it is pretty sad man unless our views are the same as every other duck luvva's :'( we aint welcome ;D this brown fingering on ere has to stop ??? ;D and this thread is named incorrectly ??? it aint bird of the week ??? it is bird of when ever , or as i will now call it A FOWL AFFAIR ;)

9. redwolf

redwolf Active Member

lee tees that's just the thing. This thread is here for people to show off their bird work, not the BS that's going on.
    Look at the other "X" of the weeks. None of them have anyone causing problems. Why? Respect.

10. taxidermycollector

If you read the thread, no-one said anything was bad or anyones work was bad, just repetitive. Iagine if we had.

11. lee tees valley

WHATEVER MAN,,

12. B Jones

B Jones Memeber of - NTA,UTA,AIT.Proud Member of NZTA.

It is easy to hide behind a screen for all of us. I really like the birds that are done by the guys across the pond. God knows the little birds are by far harder than any ducks are to do. I am not sure what started all of this crap but it is a little old. Our laws are what we have to live with, so I guess if we want to continue doing birds, we have to follow the rules regardless of our personal feelings. I love seeing the work of Taxos, LeeTee and Capreolus each and every week. I like the fact that they show the work that they have done. You guys can call it how you see it, its up to you.

13. snowhare

snowhare New Member

HERE WE GO THAN

TWO WHITE EGRETS

SNOWHARE

Attached Files:

14. redwolf

redwolf Active Member

Beautiful job Snowy.
    How tall are they?

15. snowhare

snowhare New Member

REDWOLF

MAN HUGE LIKE STANDING HERE THE BIGGEST IS 130, CM TALL , THE ARE A NICHTMARE , LONG THIN NECKS , LONG LEGS , SO DUBBLE THE WIRES , BAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

16. redwolf

redwolf Active Member

Well they came out very nice. ;)

17. Ken Edwards

Ken Edwards Taxidermy.Net Administrator Staff Member

Several off-color posts in this topic were removed for rule violations, specifically rule 14:

14. Inappropriate Content. The Taxidermy Net Forum is used by young people as well as adults, so topics or posts should be suitable for people of all ages and sensibilities. The use of profanity is prohibited. Thinly disguised profanity using initials or letters and symbols is still considered profanity, and is not allowed. Hijacking threads by inserting remarks about sexuality, genitalia, fornication, or bestiality is not allowed. Making personal sexual remarks to other members is not allowed. We have many young members, so assuming that another member is an adult may not be correct.

If members continue to attempt to break the rules after repeated moderation, their accounts may be suspended.

18. franchi612

franchi612 New Member

I don't get it I see lots of different species on here all the time?? If you don't like it don't click on it! Simple as that!

19. GC

GC New Member

How AWESOME can a Mallard (sorry green? head) really be....This is the kind of quote that made me stop posting on BOTW. JP I am sorry this has turned into those of us who can only mount certain species against those who can mount anything under the sun. I actually like looking at the non-waterfowl mounts in this thread, it's just the arrogance from those who mount many of the songbirds, raptors, etc that made me so disgusted that I quit participating. In my opinion this mount I did last year for competition with a boring Mallard is just as interesting to look at as some of the small birds on twigs....just my opinion. I just don't understand the mindset of the European taxidermist that since we are restricted by our laws as to what species we may posses and mount that we are somehow a lower sector of artistry.... ::) Got to go finish the duck I started a couple hours ago ;D

Attached Files:

20. taxidermycollector

GC, that's a very nice duck but awesome, perhaps we have a different definition of the word. Now put up 20 more Mallards and then you will get the point I was originally trying to make. I make no excuses for being to mount / own / trade anything under the sun. You guys carn't isn't our fault, go bleeet to USF&W. NO ONE was critiquing the birds, can I make that clear. For the record the only critiquing came from RDA and is amusing "stiffy little birds". No disrespect RDA but if you don't routinely do them how can you comment on how they are meant to look. Oh and Ken it's OK to refer to some-ones mental capacity as being deminished (Thats your statement REDWOLF) if your're too thick (I'll use the American version here DUMB) to appreciate the use of words, but if they have a "willy" Oh Lordy the sky is falling in!!!!!!!!!!. I lived in America many many years in lots of different states South to North and I am very glad to be home.

Sorry GC, I did promise JP I would tow the line (You know no opinion matters other than back slapping) AWESOME DUCK DUDE