1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

BIRD OF THE WEEK # 36-37,YEAR 4

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by Taxi-lover, Sep 6, 2010.

1. B Jones

B Jones Memeber of - NTA,UTA,AIT.Proud Member of NZTA.

Some people just have to have the last word. That is an awesome mallard GC as well as the composition, and story. That is just my opinion.

2. alexm

alexm New Member

Great job Snowy and G,C .
    Alex.M

3. redwolf

redwolf Active Member

Nice job GC.

4. Brian

Brian Active Member

awesome mallard in my book. the base is stunning!!!

5. lee tees valley

lee tees valley tweety luvva.

::) ;D here we go again ;D ;D same old ,same old :'( ;D

6. taxidermycollector

taxidermycollector I am in Europe, sooo no need for Uncle Sam's regs

And why shouldn't it continue Lee, they are entitled to their opinion, Awesome etc etc, but say something that isn't back slapping or suggest unfairness then Wha-oooooooooo, you're going to hell

7. redwolf

redwolf Active Member

Listen, I started a thread yesterday JUST FOR YOU, so this thread doesn't get hijacked.

http://www.taxidermy.net/forum/index.php/topic,231957.0.html

Oh yeah, and I think Ken should of commented on rule #1.
    I think you should read the forum rules taxidermycollector. ;)

1. Show Respect. One does not have to be a professional to post a message in the forum, but keeping a professional attitude is called for. The forum is a community, and to make it an inhabitable one, respect, courtesy and professionalism are all required accessories.

I was willing to just let it go but this guy just doesn't know when to stop.

8. taxidermycollector

1. Show Respect. One does not have to be a professional to post a message in the forum, but keeping a professional attitude is called for. The forum is a community, and to make it an inhabitable one, respect, courtesy and professionalism are all required accessories.

I agree entirely Redwolf , but you must be hard of thinking!!!!, indeed perhaps it is you who exhibits moronic thoughts.

How is it unprofessional and dis-courtious to suggest that the "winning" species is repetitive. I said it was a awesome duck, what more do you want. Want me to draw you a picture??????or is it only your opinion that counts. I am going back to the awesome this and aweaome that shortly. Go on put up your duck and I will tell you that it is awesome. Honest I promise, I LOVE DUCKS ;D ;D

9. GC

GC New Member

In all honesty my favorite birds to look at are the raptors posted on here. Will I ever get to mount one? No, but I enjoy seeing the work of those who are fortunate enough to do so. I honestly have no interest in most of the small birds posted, but I will never make a negative comment about one. I just simply scroll down the screen and continue looking. I hope that those of you who do not enjoy waterfowl would do the same. Just look past the pic and move on until you find something you enjoy looking at. It is "bird" of the week and as long as it has feathers I say post it for all to see. You have no control over who wants to look at it or not, so why let it upset you? Let's just try to get this back to what JP had intended it to be.....birds of all types for anyone to participate with. ;D

10. The last BOTW had over 4,000 hits. Kinda sad for this post to be held hostage by a couple of malcontents. I wonder how many great taxidermists are no longer contributing due to all of this, not to mention young folks starting out who won't post up for fear of being dragged into the mud. I come here to relax and enjoy the work and input from others in my industry, not to have my choice of artistic medium be bashed and insulted.

Since some of you are unwilling to allow this thread to continue as JP intended, what are your demands? You're in charge now, you've taken this thread hostage, what specifically do you want me to do? Stop posting my work like so many others already have? Seriously, what should the limit be of ducks allowed in BOTW? 2, 5, 10? Perhaps a percentage limit, first come, first served, once the quota's met, no more ducks? Or maybe JP could create a point system, and all ducks begin with a 10 point deduction? What specific action would you like the hundreds of taxidermists who frequent this thread take, in order to satisfy the "unfairness" felt by........you.

11. daniel

daniel New Member

i agree with GC be it a duck a falcon or owl its nice to see birds that a person has put his or her time and effort into so lets just get on with what we like doing ;) ;) the best DANIEL

12. lee tees valley

lee tees valley tweety luvva.

my favorite birds are one's wit no clothes on 8) :-* :-* :-* ;D i just stuff tweeties 8) inbetween my real passion :D

13. Nancy C

Nancy C Well-Known Member

Tawny owls and common buzards are both legal to possess and to sell in the US, as are quite a few species of small songbirds that originally came from Europe. There are plenty of others, too. The problem is that they are kinda pricey and hard to come by. Very few people are willing to go through the time and expense needed to import them, but it CAN be done.
    Look at the awesome variety of birds that Jbird does (and does WELL, btw!) and you will see what I mean.

Ducks are a pain in the azz to mount and we all know it.
    To be honest, a well-mounted mallard is a better testament to the taxidermists's skill than an equally well-mounted passerine bird.
    So there. I said it. (And I have mounted bucket loads of passerine birds, raptors, parrots, you name it ... )

I know that mallards get boring to look at after a while, but such is life. The sun always comes up in pretty much the same place every day, too, but I'm still glad to see it.
    A mallard is an extremely beautiful bird. If they were rare they would be beyond price, but they are common, so *some* people dismiss them as worthless. That's too bad.

14. redwolf

redwolf Active Member

I'd MUCH rather flesh and clean a finch than a duck FO SHO!! :D

15. smalliestalker

smalliestalker and a river runs through it.

Obviously you have no clue what the word "derived" means.

Too bad you're not a man of your word.

Believe me, that is not the only reason you'd be thought of that way. ::)

16. taxidermycollector

... if you have an opinion that agrees with everyone else then you are welcome. If not then it appears that you are not welcome or derived for not following the norm.
    [/quote]

Yeah I know my typing could be better derided was the word I was meaning to tpye

Obviously you have no clue what the word "derived" means.

Too bad you're not a man of your word. Awesome is used daily

Believe me, that is not the only reason you'd be thought of that way. ::). Again you're entitled to your opinion, thanks for sharing and continuing the thread.

[/quote]

17. stuffinducks

stuffinducks New Member

Wow, not been a lot of "Birds" posted lately, but GC and wingman...love the birds mounts.

But, I want to post a piece just recently completed and it's heading into the trophy room today! Just thought I'd share.

SD

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. SS Taxidermy

SS Taxidermy New Member

Stuffinducks,

How do u make you eyerings?

19. Very Nice SD! I'm working on a similar personal project, but two drakes and a hen. Mussels and seaweed look great, as does the composition...really nice. :)

20. stuffinducks

stuffinducks New Member

SS Taxidermy,

Apoxie Sculpt. You can purchase it in different colors, plus I use some special tools to add detail to the eye ring before completely drying.

Another key element is to roll it out really thin before applying to eye. :) Hope this helps.

SD