1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

2010 Bird Hunting Thread

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by SteveP, Sep 7, 2010.

1. Hoss0902

Hoss0902 I drink to make other people seem more interesting

Hey Drakeman, LOVE the Yota! and the Wigeons

2. Goose hunting in Willows, Ca. We got snows, cacklers, aleutians, specs, a tule goose, and a bull sprig. I never took a group pic though.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. drakeman give me one of those Am Widgeon!! LOL

4. drakeman

drakeman Active Member

Okay.

5. tyler22

tyler22 New Member

Some geese pics. Plus the worlds largest squirrel.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. Went out for the last day here in MT with a buddy. Went and hit a grain field the mallards were hammering.

[​IMG]

7. spikebuck

spikebuck New Member

Quite the mixed bag today.

Attached Files:

8. heres this weeks 3 GW 2 ring necks 1 rabbit. I had another ring neck down but still alive he was on the other side of the pond instead of shooting him again at that distance he took off running up and over the dam I went after him not to worried about it knowing that behind it dropped off straight down and no where really to go. when I was on the dam close to where my duck went over I spooked a cotten tail I shot it went to retrieve it thinking I'll come back pick the duck up but I could not find him anywhere I searched and searched he just disappeard!?!? A rabbit for a duck I guess. haha [​IMG]

9. drakeman

drakeman Active Member

No pics, but I killed my first woodie today! Where we hunt we never see them and i was invited to hunt a place where they have killed a few. We were about to leave empty handed and in came a hen and drake. I picked out the drake and brought him down. Sorry no pics, but I am thrilled to kill the ever elusive woodrow!!!
    Steve

10. Kidd

Kidd Traditions last a lifetime.

It's funny how rare some birds are to be found in certain states and in others the birds are everywhere. Where we hunt if we don't kill a woodie we're shocked, but pintails, wigeons, redheads, canvasbacks, and golden eye seem to not exist, yet I see them on alot if pics in this thread.

11. Glass eye

Glass eye Active Member

Last year I posted up a few pics of cinnamon teal and it prompted a taxidermist from WI to contact me and ask if I knew of any guides in my area that could put him on some cinnamons. I told him that I'm not a guide but I'd take him out for free but I couldn't guarantee he'd get one. He has killed every huntable specie of North American waterfowl including the King Eider, and the only one that he hadn't shot yet was the cinnamon teal.
    Well, yesterday his gun hadn't been loaded for even 5 minutes when he took this beauty. Our harsh weather is hard on him though. He left the sub-zero temps of WI for our 84* temps.

Attached Files:

12. Brian

Brian Active Member

good job glass eye. nice to see another duck hunting brother sharing. A+++++ i wish there were more guys like you outthere!

13. Man What a beauty! Throw in a few full plumed spoonie drakes and I hope thats me on Sat and Sun

14. Waterfowler

Waterfowler New Member

Well, it looks like this is the last weekend for waterfowl hunting in Texas..... The season came and went pretty fast it seems, and we had some very memorable hunts. IMO the goose hunting was stronger than the duck hunting, but we made it through the season with about a 25 bird average.... here are a mixture of pictures from this past year....
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. Waterfowler

Waterfowler New Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. Waterfowler

Waterfowler New Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. Waterfowler

Waterfowler New Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. Waterfowler

Waterfowler New Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. Pic from our Tundra Swan hunt up in North Carolina. They are still stupid as ever!

Bobby

Attached Files:

20. stuffinducks

stuffinducks New Member

Waterfowler,

You are a great hunter, as well as a great bird taxidermist! Love your work and your hunting pictures. Have a good off season as our season ended last Saturday. :'(

Here are just a few pics of my season, as I only was able to get out a few times.

Later,

Jeff Nelson

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And the best day of all. My second banded Bull Pintail ever!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A funny picture - trying to take a picture and falling through the ice.
    [​IMG]