1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

2010 Bird Hunting Thread

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by SteveP, Sep 7, 2010.

1. babak

babak Active Member

hi from iran,

a really good day,caspian area,northwest of iran,not only it was a good weather but also the hunters were indeed lucky .

Attached Files:

2. grousepark

grousepark New Member

We went up to Washington state to do our trophy Sea duck hunting for the end of the year. this what we got .we got our Harlequin drakes the first day the we shot some Surfs and Barrows and I got an outstanding Red breasted male. We only got to hunt 2 days
    and then I got the call from my wife that she started her labor.I had to drive 650 miles back to Idaho made it 9 1/2 hours with out a ticket ;D
    we had our first child his name is Tristan Edward Snyder .watching the birth was the best moment of my life .

Cheers Dan and Silene and Tristan Snyder

Attached Files:

3. grousepark

grousepark New Member

more photos we forgot our cameras :-\

Attached Files:

4. grousepark

grousepark New Member

I saved the best photo for last my wife Silene holding our son 8)

Attached Files:

5. nate

nate Active Member

Congrats Dan on the awsome hunt AND the the new addition to the family!!!

6. drakeman

drakeman Active Member

Congrats on the baby! It is an awesome indescribable feeling seeing your child born. Congrats.

7. DropTine

DropTine DSCN0137.JPG

Congrats on your first child and on the great hunting this year. Mark

8. BFox

BFox Member

Congrats Dan with the birth of your son, Bill

9. Congratulations Dan!

Bobby

10. NWWINGS

NWWINGS Member

Congratulations Dan. Any day now my wife and I will be adding another little girl to the world. I got out to the marsh again this afternoon. I went out the last hour and jumped several groups of mallards in close gun range. I decided to never fire a shot unless a nice drake greenwing was available. I need to shoot a good one for my own collection. No such luck, but watching the sun set was good enough...
    [​IMG]
    Here's to the end of one season and the beginning of many, many more!

11. TaxidermyJunky

TaxidermyJunky New Member

Man Pat great to see your back and best wishes for a safe delivery and healthy baby. If you need a green wing gifted to you let me know i have some nice drakes in the freezer ;D. Here's a picture perfect ending to the season.

sat
    [​IMG]
    sun
    [​IMG]
    Nice little surprise ;D
    [​IMG]

My favorite pic yet.
    [​IMG]

12. Glass eye

Glass eye Active Member

On saturday I went out on a kayak to persue 2 red ruddies that were rafting with a large flock of eclipse plumaged ruddies. I had to chase them in the kayak from the wide end of the lake to the narrow end. At the narrow end I would try to find and keep an eye on the red ruddy as the would fly past me to return to the other end of the lake. This went on for multiple back-and-forth trips as it was difficult to keep an eye on them and then have a shot when I could spy them. It finally came together and I killed this guy on a third shot as he was flying past me.
    I tried to get the 2nd red ruddy on sunday but we had high winds and it was impossible to paddle the kayak against the wind and waves, although I did try.
    Not a bad way to close the season.
    I took a couple of close-up pics of the bill and then my camera crapped-out on me so I had to take the other pics with a cell phone.

Attached Files:

13. Glass eye

Glass eye Active Member

cell phone pics

Attached Files:

14. Shawn73

Shawn73 Active Member

wow are those more widgeons ;) and nice teal and hey glass eye very nice i actually have a ruddy in a freezer i will try to dye red.

15. Wouter

Wouter Member

I looked the Ruddy Duck up in my bird guide, and it said that the red colour is the normal colour for an adult drake. However, at this forum I'm getting the impression that red Ruddies are an unusual colour morph, like the morph with an all black head. How normal are red Ruddies?

Wouter

16. Shawn73

Shawn73 Active Member

there red during the breeding season and unusual to see red during the hunting season

17. Hoss0902

Hoss0902 I drink to make other people seem more interesting

It is normal for Ruddies drakes to be Red, they color up fairly late in the season/ into spring that is why they tend to be trophies.

As for the Ruddy drake that has a all Black head, they are a completely different type of ruddy. They are larger then the N.A. Ruddy Duck

18. Brian

Brian Active Member

One morning trip the other day with my buddy Captain Dan Azzato

Attached Files:

19. Brian

Brian Active Member

congrats on the baby dan!

20. jasonb

jasonb I think I'll keep her

Hey Brian, you wouldn't happen to want to gift any of those surf Scoters would you......Pleeeease