1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Killing Spotted Fawns

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by Joey Arender, Sep 25, 2006.

1. Mr.T

Mr.T New Member

Not to make the thread any longer, but years of practice of dont kill does and fawns, has got us to the one buck to twent five doe ratio we so enjoy when we hunt now.

2. DBH

DBH Guest

I agree with mr Yox big difference between herd management and trophy hunting take a look at PA in my opinion they are trying to do both and its all messed up on state land you are lucky to see a deer.

3. I worked the CWD station for 4 years and Dont get me wrong but I was not part of the DNR. I got hired to work. I saw a lot of stuff that you could not even imagin. The one that sticks out the most is this person came in with this doe and we asked if they wanted it tested. They said we could and proceded to tell us that there was another deer in the truck as well. Me and my partner both looked at each other then looked in the truck. Tucked up in between the legs of the doe was a fawn without spots, but you could have put it in the chest cavity of the doe and still have room for at least 2 more the same size. That was hard to deal with and I told the person that they shot a dog not a deer. I gave them so much crap for that I didnt see them back the rest of the season.
    Jess