1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Post Your Favourite Mount!

Discussion in 'Lifesize Mammals' started by Silverose01, Sep 11, 2010.

1. Here's just a few of my favorite mounts my husband Chris has done. :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Silverose01

Silverose01 Proud member of LTBBOI

I love em Mary! What form is that bobcat and red fox (I'm sure they are altered and such) but those are beautiful!!
    I love the turn on the fox and that bobcats face is great

3. Chris says thank you, Kari. Yes, both forms were altered.

The bobcat was sculpted by Vic Hiniker (sp?) sold through Joe Coombs catalog.
    [​IMG]

The fox was sculpted by Brian Harness sold through McKenzie's.
    [​IMG]

4. 7-Point

7-Point Active Member

That bobcat is awesome! Beautiful fox too.

5. Southland Taxidermy

Southland Taxidermy Join your State and National Taxidermy Association

This one is my favorite it was my first entry in masters division and wn the Breakthrough Award ,Peoples Choice, Best of Category and the best of all my wife harvested the animals. [​IMG]

6. LordRusty

LordRusty If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

Ohio
    Chris, Mary ... as we say in Italian: "Squisito!" The expression on that Bobcat, looks just like my Housecats as they contemplate their next bit of naughtiness! ;) ;D Beautifully done! And I'll bet he did it "Old School!" ;)

John.

7. Red stag

Red stag Active Member

Norway
    Beautiful cat Mary (Chris) Marco: I have two methods for making the earliners for marten. First for customer I fill in magic sculp/Apoxy sculp and form the ear. Form it thin and in right shape. Then the ear harden overnight. Day after injecting a drop or two super glue between the skin ( in the deep part) and the apoxy clay will prevent drumming. For competition mounts I am allways casting the ears. Here is a photo of the ears of the marten for WTC 2007. Thanks. Ollie

Attached Files:

8. RDA

RDA Active Member

And that was one FINE MARTEN! Good enough for BEST OF SHOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek: ;)

9. Ollie

Do you sell your cast ear liners? Thanks for the info regarding the epoxy clay.......Marco

10. This turned out to be one of my favorite mounts but it was a pain in the arse to do. I had help from Brian Jones on this one. Thank's Brian.
    If you look close there is a snow shoe hare lying in the front corner.

Attached Files:

11. http://www.law.columbia.edu/ipimages/Information_technology/images/CheckMarkX.jpg

12. 7-Point

7-Point Active Member

that is a really nice mount ccook63, i like the addition of the snowhare.

13. RTtaxidermy

RTtaxidermy My Daughters Elk

Nice mount Curtis

14. Silverose01

Silverose01 Proud member of LTBBOI

???

15. redwolf

redwolf Active Member

X2

16. Museum Man

Museum Man Well-Known Member

fantastic work on the wolves

17. RumRunner

RumRunner Nicholas Dugas, (337) 205-1269

the pic is of a red X... i assume hes marking the thread

18. Cole

Cole Amateur Taxidermist

Never assume anything with John.

19. deerguy55

deerguy55 New Member

WI
    ccook63 very nice work

20. hoytman

hoytman UTA Member

I posted this one a couple weeks ago in the mammal of the month, But since its one of my own bear, It is one of my favorites.one is not quite done yet, Still need to build the base, will be Aromic cedar panels with Purplehear inlay, 46" wide, 18" tall and 22" deep..Glass front and a light inside.. Plan to display my bear skulls in it and light em up. If I get around to finishing it by Feb, I plan to take it to the Alaska State taxidermy show. They held the first one last year and I missed it. would like to get some things judged and get feedback so I know where I need to work on.

Hoytman

Attached Files: