1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Post Your Favourite Mount!

Discussion in 'Lifesize Mammals' started by Silverose01, Sep 11, 2010.

1. hoytman

hoytman UTA Member

Pretty cool Wolverine I did a while ago.

Attached Files:

2. LordRusty

LordRusty If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

Ohio
    Hey Jesse,

You know what would be the coolest? Mount up a Wolverine in a face off position with your Bear! Have it upright like the one you posted, but direct its gaze and anger at the bear. Place some kill, or remains of a kill - Caribou hind leg perhaps - between them. Leave it to the viewer to figure out who the prize belongs to, and who will be the victor! Too cool! Nice mounts, by the way!

John.

3. rbear

rbear Well-Known Member

My first solo body casting, and my first blue ribbon
    Ralph
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. nice beaver mount, I really like it

5. backstapwillie

backstapwillie 2011 Montana Bow kill

Never said to a man before but, thats some nice beaver! ;D

6. hoytman

hoytman UTA Member

John, I have a 7' 4" black bear hide rehydrated, measured and in the freezer from a big toad I took the spring of 09', I am doing both bear lifesize on the same base. I am ordering the form on the 1st for it and getting to it right away hoping to have it done.. the wolverine is a great idea, except I have never actually taken a wolverine, I purchased the one pictured, mounted it for a client. Just picked up another one on Monday, took it home as I had hopes to do it with a lifesize caribou. But a customer dropped by, seen it sitting on the bench and the benjamins talked before I could even post it on here... needless to say, I dont have wolverine anymore. ;D

Hoytman

7. rbear

rbear Well-Known Member

So I don't get zapped I will simply say thanks for noticing my beaver.
    Ralph

8. LordRusty

LordRusty If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

Ohio
    Hey Jesse ... ever try the Alaska Fur Exchange in Anchorage?
    http://alaskafurexchange.com/bulkfur.shtml
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Got some great mountable thick furred specimens from them when we were up that way! ;)

Ralph, those Beaver are very well done! Nice mounts, with a very artistic flow! Good job!

John.

9. Lovely work, all of them are great mounts, the T Malone bear is awesome. wishing you well, stargazer.

10. Museum Man

Museum Man Well-Known Member

there is an actual scientific report of a large male wolverine winning a fight over food with a full grown polar bear...

11. chital100

chital100 New Member

Love the work everyone has shared in this post

Thought I would show my first two lifesize mounts - The klipspringer and a hog deer

Irene

Attached Files:

12. hoytman

hoytman UTA Member

John, If I catch a wolverine this winter I may do it like you said.. I would love to do a lifesize caribou and a wolverine in one od Dennis's Air mounts.. I just dont have the room in my house for one of those. As for the fur exchange, they SUCK.. seriously.. they may have 10,000 hides in their.. most of the tans are several years old, most are purchased form trappers who cut the feet off, eye lids, lips, lower jaws, you name it.. You can look through 200 wolverine pelts and be lucky if you find 1 thats mountable with all the parts..

13. dgats

dgats New Member

Great job Irene love the Hoggie
    Dennis